How to have Zorro+Lone Ranger without Messin up Timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have Zorro+Lone Ranger without Messin up Timeline

Ok we've all mentioned having Zorro's grand kid but how about original zorro..

no

not Original Ficticious Zorro...

I mean:

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74631 (probably the video with the best information)

The guy of whom the Zorro legend is based. Joaquin Murrieta -- notice a name similarity with the Mask of Zorro? Yep, he was named after the REAL GUY!

The actual Bandito of California who sent a reign of terror against the people pushing west during the gold rush who murdered his brother and raped his wife.

While the US Government claims they killed him, it was pretty much proven that it wasn't him who they killed.

To do a search -- california+history+murrieta

Remember in the movie

The scene where Alejandro takes the sip from the whiskey jar containing 'Quino's severed head. Supposedly the real head of the real Joaquin Murieta's head was found in a curio shop in the 1970's and then sent to the Mexican Govt. where it is today but not displayed. The real Joaquin was a bad muva that would probably make ol' Black bart think twice about drawin down o him he'd be a good adversary for the Ranger but we all know how his story ends. a cameo would be nice but considering his acts against Chinese immigrants Caine (from Kung Fu) would have to show up also.

Comment

The "real head" of the zorro they killed was destroyed in a fire. How they realized it wasn't the real zorro's head was the reporter's descriptions of visible scars which resembled another guy (I think it was his cousin?).

But the real zorro was pretty nice until his family was more or less butchered. I think he resembled Punisher more than an outright criminal. His compadres, however, some of them formed splinter groups which caused the majority of the porblem. I gotta get that history channel program it was real neat.

The cross over could be the Lone Ranger discovered he's alive, and or he resurfaces to fight abusers of the people

Comment

So many "robin hoods" not enough....

...space You gotta love the irony and little twist of synchronicity that has us even discussing the possibilities though. In some ways fictionally the 3 all kinda draw from the same mold whether dreamed up from thin air or partly romanticized or out and out embellished fact its still pretty cool. But one man's Robin is anothers bin Laden so there you go. I could see your premise in the hands of another writer maybe Tim Truman or Joe Landsdale but Brett Matthews doesn't seem to lean too heavily in that direction besides he has enough to do already. It would make a great one shot maybe featuring Tonto or Black Bart if he makes it. So would a Bass Reeves refernce but thats the old west geek in me talkin. Hey the rado show threw old Sam Bass in but I wouldn't expect more than a reference or cameo by one of the Joaquins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
          But the real zorro was pretty nice until his family was more or less butchered.

There are definitely some conflicting versions of that story...and considering the habit of turning outlaws like Jesse James into folk heroes I'd tend to believe the nastier articles.

Comment

Right on there. Man, the factual old west has the greatest assortment of heroes villains and antihereos. The trick is telling a fictional version without overlapping too much or not at all. Some events and characters are too big to go unmentioned in the least. I hope Brett Matthews really sinks his teeth into the outlaw phenomenon later in the series because even the big names like Frank and Jesse stripped down can be seen as terrorists especially the high number of those who were loyal to the worst elements of the rebel cause.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcLight
              There are definitely some conflicting versions of that story...and considering the habit of turning outlaws like Jesse James into folk heroes I'd tend to believe the nastier articles.
              I'd compare him more to Dillinger = a hero to the people, but a thorn in the side of the US Gov.

Jessie James was NEVER a hero to the people, he was an outright loser. The real Zorro had such support that he franchised himself (at the peak of the zorro raids there were what... 6 separate raiding parties all calling themselves zorro? a couple of them however were not "authorized").

Except this one lived
              Last edited by Kevin; 05-09-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                The real Zorro had such support that he franchised himself (at the peak of the zorro raids there were what... 6 separate raiding parties all calling themselves zorro?
                Were any of these people ever really referred to as Zorro or ever calling themselves Zorro, or are you just making that up?
                Its been a while since I saw that documentary but I thought Murieta was just presented as one of many possible influences for McCulley’s Zorro.
                Last edited by Guicho; 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guicho
                  Were any of these people ever really referred to as Zorro or ever calling themselves Zorro, or are you just making that up?
                  I thought Murieta was presented as just on of many possible influences for McCulley’s Zorro.
                  -_-

I gave you the information, you can go to the library and look up the various books on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                  X