X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRybandt
    started a topic Issue #6 In Hand

Issue #6 In Hand

I hold issue #6 in my hands... still a bit before it hits stores, but it has been printed...

Oh, and Gawd DAMN does it kick all sorts of ass...

/joe

Guest replied
    'bout freakin' time!

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    WOO-HOO!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    YEE-HAAA! The sooner the better! After seeing the preview pages I can't wait to read it.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied

Here's the official word from Joe -

Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
    Issue #6 is out on June 6th...

When I got mine, I knew it wouldn't be long in getting to the shelves!

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lone Ranger
    My local comic shop guy told me the lists don't mean squat. He said he can't depend on the lists to know when things are coming.
    That's in reference to comics not shipping when they are supposed to and being delayed.

I cannot remember one time in the last 3 years where a comic made it to my local store without first being on the list or being listed as "Delayed - Pending".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My local comic shop guy told me the lists don't mean squat. He said he can't depend on the lists to know when things are coming.

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    OK, when is #6 going to hit the stores? When I go on the official Diamond Shipping List, it's not on the list for June 6. I just saw a list elsewhere that has Lone Ranger #6 listed for June 6. I'm more inclined to believe the official list, but I know things sometime change after that one gets published. Will it be out June 6? Or do we have to wait until June 13? Or beyond? It's torture!!! I must know!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Synopsis defined

American Heritage® Dictionary: synopsis -NOUN: A brief outline or general view, as of a subject or written work; an abstract or a summary.

in other words, spoilers! what happens?!!!

oh, well, never mind. we'll just have to writhe in agony of waiting for the next two weeks.....
    by the way, what time is it in Oz, anyway? shouldn't you be in bed?

Originally posted by Tommy
    AAAARRRRRRRRGH! You're just determined to pin me to the floor, aren'tcha? Heh heh!

Okay - the art rocks, as does the story! I really enjoyed it! You guys GOTTA check this out - I reckon you'd like it!

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied

Originally posted by CindyR
    how about a synopsis, then?
    AAAARRRRRRRRGH! You're just determined to pin me to the floor, aren'tcha? Heh heh!

Okay - the art rocks, as does the story! I really enjoyed it! You guys GOTTA check this out - I reckon you'd like it!

Tommy.
    Last edited by Tommy; 06-01-2007, 07:26 AM. Reason: There were not enough "R's" in my "Argh"... :)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    synopsis

how about a synopsis, then?
    Originally posted by Tommy

Re: Me doing reviews. I've made a point of not doing this ( although I did once write a review of a member here on the boards... ). The reason(s) being, I tend to buy my comics because I like the art and the story - I don't tend to make purchases on the basis of reviews of titles I've not got yet, as I not only like to make up my own mind, but I love the feeling of discovering something new all by myself and I generally wish the same for others who would read the title as well. Hell, the same goes for movies, books, music, etc. My own recommendations to people tend to be as simple as "Holy shit man - you GOTTA check this out! I reckon you'd like it!" (and I tend to listen to this kinda recommendation from friends too!). Although I've seen some excellent reviews on this title and on many others (the depth of people's knowledge of the 'Ranger here is something which never fails to astound me - I kid you not), too many reviews I've seen over the years on every form of entertainment tend to be polarised between variations on "This is great" and "OMG!!TEHSUXXORZ!!111!!", and I haven't wanted to add to this...

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied

Re: Me getting the issue. Normally, due to distance & such, I receive comics slightly after you guys get 'em 'Stateside. Sometimes, I'm very lucky and I get them a mite early (this has happened a few times recently, and it's been great!). I've noticed that there is seldom more than a short gap either way, so don't sweat it - it's not some kinda mistake / conspiracy / I'm-Gunna-Find-Tommy-And-KILL-Him-Goddamit! scenario.

Re: Me doing reviews. I've made a point of not doing this ( although I did once write a review of a member here on the boards... ). The reason(s) being, I tend to buy my comics because I like the art and the story - I don't tend to make purchases on the basis of reviews of titles I've not got yet, as I not only like to make up my own mind, but I love the feeling of discovering something new all by myself and I generally wish the same for others who would read the title as well. Hell, the same goes for movies, books, music, etc. My own recommendations to people tend to be as simple as "Holy shit man - you GOTTA check this out! I reckon you'd like it!" (and I tend to listen to this kinda recommendation from friends too!). Although I've seen some excellent reviews on this title and on many others (the depth of people's knowledge of the 'Ranger here is something which never fails to astound me - I kid you not), too many reviews I've seen over the years on every form of entertainment tend to be polarised between variations on "This is great" and "OMG!!TEHSUXXORZ!!111!!", and I haven't wanted to add to this...

Tommy.
    Last edited by Tommy; 06-01-2007, 12:28 AM. Reason: Y'know... stuff... :)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I still don't understand how Tommy (down under)has a copy and my local comic shop does not and seems to have no inkling of when it will...the poster has yet to arrive and again no advice as when ...nothing is in today and next week's shippng list does not show it coming in...strange!

I'm jealous and confused.

Ranger01

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    issue 6

welllll, tommy-muh-man, it looks like it's up to you to start the new thread "Issue 6" and put the first post with a big SPOILERS warning, then do a review.
    [taps foot]
    we're waiting! some of us wanna know!
    Cindy

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied

Originally posted by CindyR
    are you saying it's already in the store?
    I actually went and checked just before I posted here. The Dynamite store has it pegged as a "pre-order". However, given the distance I live from the rest of you and the timing of when we normally get comics here compared to when they are put on shelves in the 'States, this (to me) means that you guys will be seeing this issue shortly.

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X