Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja #26 - Cover Art Battle!!

Preview:

(use the images links below to view the artist's cover.)

RUBI vs. MACK vs. HOMS vs.
    PRADO

vs. ADRIAN(variant?)

Click HERE for Issue #26 details

Ok, it seems that the images for Rubi, Mack, Homs, and Prado are the standard release covers. I am a little confused about the Ron Adrian cover, it's not mentioned on the issue details page, but the image is there. Also, there is mention about a Dan Panosian cover that is not shown?? Typo maybe?

Maybe someone can clear that up for us, but in the meantime...let's get to the voting!! Let's hear it people...what do you think?

Rubi
    15.79%
    Mack
    15.79%
    Homs
    42.11%
    Prado
    21.05%
    Adrian (variant)
    5.26%

Rubi & Homs for me! Normally, it's only one cover, but there's been a run recently where I've loved the art on more than one...

In terms of standard release/variants, etc., I've noticed on the stands here that at one time or another - not necessarily in the first week or month of the release - that nearly all advertised covers make their way to store shelves (some stay behind the store counter). I would expect the 'States to follow a pretty similar pattern. We're lucky enough here in Melbourne to have three excellent comic retailers right in the heart of the city (and another just outside), so between them all there is wide choice.

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

this was tough, because EVERY coverimage is cool. Normally I could choose one without hesiations but now...

Having MACK do a cover is just plain cool.
      HOMS did an amazing job, as did Prado (with that cool dragon) as did Adrian.
      RUBI is also awesome. Great imagery, positioning, storytelling. One of his very best covers ever!!

sigh...Mack is my choice.

Comment

I Agree, these are all great! David Mack is awesome, and I was very happy to see him on a Sonja cover finally, although I don't I don't think his is the my favorite cover here.

Tough choice...but I had to go with Homs. This is one of his best. Just an incredible picture...and a nice pair of axes.

Comment

I like Mack's style and painting but Sonja is just too skinny...

I like Rubi's but will give my vote to Homs... the painting is just too good.

Comment

I voted for Adrian . Couple of the others look too skinny and not keen on the colouring on Homs'. Adrian's looks more old style Marvel to me .

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
            READ THE CONAN NEWSPAPER STRIP AT
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup2/

Comment

Adrian...Homs....Adrian...Homs.....hmmmm....Adrian ....Homs....

Nope still can't decide. I will just have to buy both.

Mack is definitely out. I don't care for this style at all and Rubi didn't bring his A game to the easle.

Collector-X
              Last edited by Collector-X; 06-09-2007, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Choice between Mack and Prado...went with Mack.

Comment

Going to have to go w/ Homs on this one. Very nice!

Comment

Homs did a fantastic job with his cover. Great work!

Comment

Working...
                    X