Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Key characters relaunch with Dynamite!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/...ant-crossover/
    Is the new Magnus a time-traveller?

Comment

• Originally posted by rasx View Post
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/...ant-crossover/
      Is the new Magnus a time-traveller?
      Hmm. This sort of makes Magnus more like Buck Rogers. Frankly, I preferred Russ Manning's original origin of Magnus as a sort of Tarzan in reverse - raised by a robot rather than an ape.

And I could have sworn I read somewhere (forgot now) that someone associated with DE's revival of the Gold Key characters stated flat out that there would NOT be any crossovers with the new Valiant Comics. "considering Valiant and Dynamite have been buddy-buddies for a while…" If true, I was certainly unaware of it. I thought they were just competitors (on more than one level, since I'm sure Valiant would have liked to get the GK characters back again).
      Last edited by pulphero; 12-14-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Full solicits here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...amitemarch.htm

Comment

• As a huge VALIANT fan and their use of Turok, Solar and Magnus I've folowed the characters since the 90's. Wasn't too impressed with Dark Horses use of Solar & Magnus but Turok they did well and Samson(who I guess is in public domain now).

I've become familiar with Doctor Spektor in the intervening years and seeing Waid as writer relaunching the book has me hooked.
          So Spektor and Turok I was in for, I'm going to take some convincing on Solar & Magnus this time around though.

Did I read and understand that this Magnus is going to be time displaced, essentially an MMA style fighter from our time moved into the future via an unknown way? That could be enough to make me interested, need more details. Solar as well, more details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
            As a huge VALIANT fan and their use of Turok, Solar and Magnus I've folowed the characters since the 90's. Wasn't too impressed with Dark Horses use of Solar & Magnus but Turok they did well and Samson(who I guess is in public domain now).
            Public domain? Pretty sure they're all owned by Classic Media/Random House. Scuttlebutt is that Nick B. paid a pretty penny for the rights.

Comment

• Man, the more and more I see of these titles the more and more excited I'm becoming. Everything is looking amazing, can't wait to finally sit down and read this!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Solar is back!
                http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dy...s/1100-147939/

Comment

• I wonder what other characters they will bring in once the initial 4 books see release?
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

• Mighty Samson and Space Family Robinson would be the most obvious choices, but they might go with something less well known like Tragg and the Sky Gods or Dagar the Invincible.

Comment

• I would love to see DE experiment with as many Gold Key characters as possible, they could really build something special here.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

• Publishing characters that are lesser known will just see the series cancelled. Just like 90% ofdynamites titles.

Comment

• Count me in as extremely excited to dive into these classic characters for the first time. Like with many characters Dynamite had an odd way of making me feel something for characters I've never cared for in the past, it's really strange that they can do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
                            Publishing characters that are lesser known will just see the series cancelled. Just like 90% ofdynamites titles.
                            unfortunately this is the sad truth....IDW Has TMNT MLP Ghostbusters Transformers G.I Joe And Cartoon Network Classics(as well as Littlest Pet Shop)And Boom Has Adventure Time Regular Show Amazing World Of Gumball And Steven Universe Plus the option to make any upcoming and current cartoon network shows into comics

what does dynamite have that can stand up to that lineup?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackKnightMare View Post
                              unfortunately this is the sad truth....IDW Has TMNT MLP Ghostbusters Transformers G.I Joe And Cartoon Network Classics(as well as Littlest Pet Shop)And Boom Has Adventure Time Regular Show Amazing World Of Gumball And Steven Universe Plus the option to make any upcoming and current cartoon network shows into comics

what does dynamite have that can stand up to that lineup?
                              Eh, different strokes and all that. I read a number of IDW titles (nearly as many as DE's titles) but none of the ones you named (except for Ben 10). For Boom Studios, I only read Robocop and Sons of Anarchy (now that Planet of the Apes is gone). I haven't done any serious research looking at Diamond's top sellers or anything, but at my local shop, none of the titles you mention sell any better than the average Dynamite title, with the exception of TMNT, MLP, and Adventure Time. Most Dark Horse (except Star Wars), IDW and Valiant titles sell about the same, a few copies each.

And obviously, Dynamite is not tapping the all-ages audience like IDW and Boom, either.
                              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Mighty Samson should be #5.

Space Family Robinson #6.

Comment

Working...
                                X