Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter series MEGATHREAD!

This is it guys, the universe launches on 2/5 with Turok #1!

Discuss!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    This is it guys, the universe launches on 2/5 with Turok #1!

Discuss!
    Nice review here! Lots of great reviews out there!

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comi...1-review/88374

Comment

Great setup at the end for issue #2, can't wait to read that one when it hits! Loved the struggle between Turok and the people he lived around, especially the scene with the fish and then the way Turok threatened them toward the end. It made you kind of feel sorry for him and his whole situation.

Awesome first issue!

Comment

Issue #1 was very well written and illustrated and helped to kick off the Gold Key universe with great style!

I liked how Turok was kind of outcasted but got around it and made a meaningful threat that he would ensure happened, it was very cool.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Comment

I've read this at least 4 times since picking it up and I am probably going to read it another 4 before issue #2 see's release.

Bad-ass and determined are two words I'd use to describe Turok in issue #1, and his feud with the guy he tried to kill will continue to grow I'd assume.

Comment

Great first issue. Didn't feel condensed or rushed. Nice character development. Love the gold key homage cover.

Comment

#65 on sales list with orders of 30,722.

Comment

Very solid numbers! Great to see this series is off with a bang!
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Huge drop for Turok #2...11,296. Down from 30,722 for #1.

Magnus #1...27,497.

Still the titles are selling better than the other Dynamite titles...
                  Last edited by md62; 04-07-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Looks like the first arc is almost complete! Man, it feels like yesterday when I was reading the first issue of this series and now we're going on the 4th issue already! Insane!

I can't wait to see where everything goes, as of now it looks like Turok has the templars on the ropes thanks to his uncanny gift of controlling dinosaurs. Fun!
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

I'm having a lot of fun with this book and I look forward to seeing it continue along, but I'm scared with the HUGE drop-off in orders from issue #1 to issue #2 that Dynamite will axe this line sooner than later. So far this book has been interesting with the whole Templar's vs tribe thing they've got going on and then art has been really good, despite people over on CBR complaining about the interiors. All in all this series has a lot to offer, especially with Andar as a supporting character, there is just so many good stories that can come out of here.

Comment

Do you think that Greg Pak strayed too far from the original Turok concept? It feels that way to me and could be why the series int as popular as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
                          Do you think that Greg Pak strayed too far from the original Turok concept? It feels that way to me and could be why the series int as popular as it should be.
                          Maybe a little. It feels like Dynamite's Magnus strayed further from the original concept to me, but maybe that's because I've read the entire Gold Key Magnus series, where I've only read a smattering of the Dell/Gold Key Turok. I always felt the original Turok was a little lacking in "oomph", and the Valiant reboot of the character provided that. What the Dynamite version is most lacking IMO is dynamic artwork to heighten the drama. The current artist just isn't great at depicting intense action scenes or character emotion. Everything just looks too "flat". The art needs more varied camera angles, dramatic foreshortening, facial close-up reaction shots, etc. There are just too many medium-range panel compositions alternating with 2-shots and 3-shots of talking heads.

You might even say Dynamite's Solar goes furthest from the original concept in making the original's daughter the main super-powered character, but I have a feeling there's more to it than just being that simple. At least they incorporated an older Solar who's pretty close to the original (by way of Valiant and Dark Horse) as the starting point for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
                            Why should it be popular at all? I like it, sure, but people think just because it's an old Valiant title that it should instantly be popular. Valiant was popular back in the day because the market was booming, but look at them in the current market now. Cancelling titles, reverting to mini's, same thing many smaller publishers are doing in a tougher market. These Gold Key books are doing as well as to be expected in a slow (but steady) market.
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Comment

Honestly, if these titles were published under Valiant they'd be in the same 8-11k monthly range in sales, it's a trend within the market and unless Marvel/DC was publishing them they would never have a steady readership of over 15k a month or more again.

That doesn't mean Dynamite is doing a bad job with these characters, so far these books have been fun as hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X