No announcement yet.

WELCOME ABOARD! INTRODUCTIONS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've been hanging around here since Lone Ranger #1 came out in September, but I never actually came up here and introduced myself. If you've read my previous posts you know I'm in the US Army, stationed in The-Middle-Of-Nowhere, Alaska (soon to be moved elsewhere in Alaska - closer to a comic shop).

Once an avid comic collector, I stopped buying 12 years ago (or so), until DE's Lone Ranger series brought me back. I've been a Lone Ranger fan since the age of 3. Now I'm eyeing several comics, including many of DE's titles (Highlander, AoD, BSG), though I've managed to restrain myself to only the Lone Ranger right now (I have an addictive personality - if I start a collection, I MUST complete it - and could very easily go into bankruptcy in a comic shop).
    Last edited by MadMikeyD; 11-12-2006, 03:00 PM.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
      Well, I've been hanging around here since Lone Ranger #1 came out in September, but I never actually came up here and introduced myself. If you've read my previous posts you know I'm in the US Army, stationed in The-Middle-Of-Nowhere, Alaska (soon to be moved elsewhere in Alaska - closer to a comic shop).

Once an avid comic collector, I stopped buying 12 years ago (or so), until DE's Lone Ranger series brought me back. I've been a Lone Ranger fan since the age of 3. Now I'm eyeing several comics, including many of DE's titles (Highlander, AoD, BSG), though I've managed to restrain myself to only the Lone Ranger right now (I have an addictive personality - if I start a collection, I MUST complete it - and could very easily go into bankruptcy in a comic shop).

Heh heh heh heh! And a belated Howdy to you too Mike!

I'm like that with collecting stuff too - which is why I'm really careful about what I start collecting.

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

YO! everybody! I probobly should have introduced myself earlyer. But im still finding my way around here. Well I recently got into DE and I'am currently collecting the "Army Of Darkness" series! Also later I got to check out the other awsome comic series you guys got!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal_1
          YO! everybody! I probobly should have introduced myself earlyer. But im still finding my way around here. Well I recently got into DE and I'am currently collecting the "Army Of Darkness" series! Also later I got to check out the other awsome comic series you guys got!

Heh heh heh! No worries, Eternal_1! Glad to hear you're lovin' these comics! It's great to have you aboard!

Tommy.

Comment

Hello!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards here. Right now I'm really into the Highlander comics series and seem to be trying to collect all the covers I can.
            Thanks for having me!

s8zaphod

Comment

Originally posted by s8zaphod
              Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards here. Right now I'm really into the Highlander comics series and seem to be trying to collect all the covers I can.
              Thanks for having me!

s8zaphod

No worries, s8zaphod! Glad to see you're a fan of Highlander, mate! Welcome aboard!

Tommy.

Comment

Hello all, another newbie here :P

I'm new to DE comics (I started buying a few last month). I have read every New BSG and Classic BSG issue so far and am extremely impressed by them. I have read Zarek #1 as well. (Yeah, I'm a big BSG fan :P) I plan on starting into some of the other titles available as well now.

Little about me, I'm a freshmen in college majoring in Math/Science for my AS before I transfer to College of ESF (hopefully). I also run 2 websites and help work on 2 others, which I'll probably have listed in my sig or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Electricbolt
                  Hello all, another newbie here.

I'm new to DE comics (I started buying a few last month). I have read every New BSG and Classic BSG issue so far and am extremely impressed by them. I have read Zarek #1 as well. (Yeah, I'm a big BSG fan :P) I plan on starting into some of the other titles available as well now.

Little about me, I'm a freshmen in college majoring in Math/Science for my AS before I transfer to College of ESF (hopefully). I also run 2 websites and help work on 2 others, which I'll probably have listed in my sig or something.
                  Gudday Electricbolt! Welcome aboard! Yup, there's been plenty of talk hereabouts regarding the various BSG titles - feel free to jump right in! By all means link your websites in your sig.

Tommy.

Comment

Mcreator

Hello everyone!! NEW to the DYNAMITE forum.Hope everyone is doing great!

Comment

• Originally posted by MCREATOR
                      Hello everyone!! NEW to the DYNAMITE forum.Hope everyone is doing great!

Howdy Mcreator! Welcome aboard mate! Yep, I'd say we're all doing swimmingly right about now, thanks! Happy Posting!

Tommy.

Comment

• Welcome MCREATOR

Comment

• I am 24, come from the UK, and have been buying American comics for several years now, and have been a fan of such comics since I was in my teens.

I have been buying Dynamite titles since Red Sonja and Army of Darkness made their debuts. I am looking forward to seeing what Dynamite can do with Terminator, Savage Tales, Raise the Dead, and the elusive comic book property that was mentioned in this weeks podcast.

In terms of other comics I am in to, my other main favourite publisher is DC, and a few other fringe publishers involved with comics such as Powers and Sidekick.

In terms of me in general, I have been writing for and co running a movie gossip website for nearly 7 years now, all in my spare time, completely unpaid. In other words I really am nuts when it comes to geeky things such as culty movies and comic books.

On weekends I have off, I like nothing more than standing in my local comic shop discussing what has hit the stands that week, programmes like LOST, and Doctor Who, and going to comic book and movie conventions here in the UK where I have had the pleasure of meeting some people I would have never dreamed of meeting when I was a child. I am also crazy enough to hang out for hours at film premieres to meet A List stars for 30 seconds, both to try and get some exclusive for my website, and just to fulfill some childhood dream of being within reach of them. I think the best one yet ws probably getting to talk to Sly Stallone at the Rocky Balboa premiere here in the UK, that was pretty amazing.

I also like to make short films in my spare time as well and upload them to You Tube.

Anyway I look forward to posting some more of my thoughts here, after finally deciding to stop lingering and actually register!

Comment

• Nice to have you here man.

Any favorite youtube vids you wanna share with us!

Call me a youtube/videosift addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Insomniac_Scott
                              I am 24, come from the UK, and have been buying American comics for several years now, and have been a fan of such comics since I was in my teens.

I have been buying Dynamite titles since Red Sonja and Army of Darkness made their debuts. I am looking forward to seeing what Dynamite can do with Terminator, Savage Tales, Raise the Dead, and the elusive comic book property that was mentioned in this weeks podcast.

In terms of other comics I am in to, my other main favourite publisher is DC, and a few other fringe publishers involved with comics such as Powers and Sidekick.

In terms of me in general, I have been writing for and co running a movie gossip website for nearly 7 years now, all in my spare time, completely unpaid. In other words I really am nuts when it comes to geeky things such as culty movies and comic books.

On weekends I have off, I like nothing more than standing in my local comic shop discussing what has hit the stands that week, programmes like LOST, and Doctor Who, and going to comic book and movie conventions here in the UK where I have had the pleasure of meeting some people I would have never dreamed of meeting when I was a child. I am also crazy enough to hang out for hours at film premieres to meet A List stars for 30 seconds, both to try and get some exclusive for my website, and just to fulfill some childhood dream of being within reach of them. I think the best one yet ws probably getting to talk to Sly Stallone at the Rocky Balboa premiere here in the UK, that was pretty amazing.

I also like to make short films in my spare time as well and upload them to You Tube.

Anyway I look forward to posting some more of my thoughts here, after finally deciding to stop lingering and actually register!

Gudday Scott! Welcome to the Dynamite Forums - glad to hear you're a fan of the comics mate!

Tommy.

Comment

• just got back into comics, i been on and off...just call me Q-Ball i guess, i duno y i chose this nick, i just watched sliders on DVD cuz i ain't seen it since it aired......
                                i'm a big bsg fan n anticipating all the bsg-related work u guys have ahead for us...someday maybe i'll write or draw comics...or both! btw, can anybody explain the diff. between the variants, incentives, cylon foil editions, etc. covers? i assumed cylon foil just meant the cover was in a metal foil look or somn? but images DE provided seem to prove i'm clueless, especially since the foils cost so much more...neways, keep up the great work DE!

PS. doubt it would happen, but a slider comic would be sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X