Marvel's sub lines "Ultimate" and "Marvel Adventures"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel's sub lines "Ultimate" and "Marvel Adventures"

Does anyone here read any comics from any of these lines? I have been reading Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men on and off since their inception in 2000, and I have been reading the Marvel Adventures line (Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, Avengers) since they all came out. Even though the Marvel Adventures line is geared toward kids I am really enjoying it, it's a fun and short read every month.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I followed the first few years worth of USM and UXM (along with the entire run of Ultimate Team Up) before dropping them.

Comment

It was great, I had both Ultimate Spidey #1 & #2 as well as the white cover variant which was very rare, I sold them as a package on eBay for $670 and then with a piece of what I got I bought the hardcover TPB's, definatly worth it on my end. Ultimate Spidey was my favorite series for a solid 3 years or so, but lately it has not made me say "wow" in quite some time.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I read the Ultimate books. USM has remained the strongest, and the last 15-20 issues of UXM and UFF were very 'meh' for me. The greatest mistake for me has been the direction they took in allowing Jeph Loeb to kill scores of characters. They could have quietly retired them and no worries, but in killing so many it leaves only a limited selection of decent alternatives to replace them. Worse still for me the Ultimate universe always had it's own 'feel' but with the Loeb stories they just feel like 90's Marvel and not their own alternative if you get my meaning.

I'll be glad to see Millar back, less happy to see Loeb still on the Ultimates.

Comment

I read most, if not all, of the Jeff Parker written Marvel Adventures Avengers issues. Usually had good art too. Recommended.

I also read the Ultimate Fantastic Four arcs by Carey and Ferry. Otherwise, the Ultimate line has largely not caught my interest.

Comment

Working...
          X