Old Time Radio Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Time Radio Shows

In January I hope to start an e bay business selling Old Time Radio Shows (OTR). I have over 5,000 shows on CD including The Lone Ranger (7+ disks), Green Hornet (3 disks), Blue Beetle, Doc Savage & The Avenger. The cost will probably be around $5.00. I'm getting organized at the moment but if anyone is interested let me know.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Publisher

GHornet2,

$5.00 for how many?

Nick

Comment

that's for a Disk. Usually around 40 to 50 shows per disk, but that may vary a little. for instance Blue Beetle has 33 shows. I'll probably due two versions. 1 in a plain envelope with a label and one with a full case and liner notes. That's also probably going to included shipping.
      Last edited by Ghornet2; 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM.
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Not a bad idea, but there's lots of competition out there, since most if not all of these programs are public domain. Most of these can be found, for free, as downloadable mp3s on the net. $5 does seem to be the standard going rate for a burned disc - check out the massive selection available at www.otrcat.com. But these are strictly "no frills".

The key, I think, to getting the edge on the competition here would be to offer those "extras" that the typical dealer of these shows doesn't. Jewel cases with cover art and track listings, and disc labels with nice artwork. This would of course require Photoshop and some basic design skills (and the less basic your design skills, the better). And obviously you'd have to spend some money on nice paper stock for the inserts and pro-quality labels for the discs. Make sure you include the cover art on the disc itself (so people can easily add it to their Media Library), and make sure you carefully name the files with track numbers, dates and titles of the programs (helps to have a lot of reference books, and have listened to the actual programs - some individual programs may even have exactly the same title, although they're different shows). I would think if you go to the trouble of doing all this, you could actually charge a little more (say, $6-$7 per disc, depending on your actual cost to produce a copy - and you always have the option of offering a "cheapo" version with no jewel case or inserts, and generic label for less) than the guys that don't bother with any "frills". And of course, make sure you show the insert and disc art when you advertise your listings, both on eBay and Amazon.com's z-shops.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Bill's OTR

Finally got my e Bay store set up. Work and Family problems got in the way or the organizing.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Bills-OTR

I have more shows than what are listed. Send me a PM with an email address if you want a full list. I've got 27 shows ready to go. Green Hornet, Lone Ranger & the Shadow are still being organized (best version & multiple titles of the same episode weeded out etc). I haven't a count on the Lone Ranger & Shadow yet but there are around 187 Green Hornet shows on 3 discs. I had to up the price to $6.00 each. 3 or more discs get a discount, as do all sales from this forum.

Most include logs, photos and more and come in a full CD case with art work and series info on the back. Below is the cover of the cover for Rocky Fortune
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ghornet2; 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X