BOOM's Stan Lee books....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM's Stan Lee books....

Anyone reading these? I am, so far they've been really good and BOOM really seems to have a nice little mini-verse going for itself. You got to wonder though, how long until they expand it to more titles?
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I like the Traveler and Starborn. I have already dropped Soldier Zero. Is it just me or is Soldier Zero's origin pretty much the same as Green Lantern's?

It takes a lot for me to drop a comic. My wife and I both read comics and we both read comics before we met. Generally if I am not interested in something, she is. Especially with DC - she is more of a DC reader and i am more interested in Marvel and independents. Between the two of us - and I am not exaggerating here - we order over 100 comics a month. Once I lose interest in an indy, we pretty much drop it and that is how it was with Soldier Zero.

I used to hate Boom! personally. I didn't order a single Boom! book until Irredeemable 1 came out. My hatred for them stemmed from an incident involving a $2 bill at the '06 SDCC.

Edit - I just counted - my Previews order for this month has 126 comics, 2 magazines, 3 TPBs and an Indigo lantern.
    Last edited by Chiclo; 02-12-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
      I like the Traveler and Starborn. I have already dropped Soldier Zero. Is it just me or is Soldier Zero's origin pretty much the same as Green Lantern's?

It takes a lot for me to drop a comic. My wife and I both read comics and we both read comics before we met. Generally if I am not interested in something, she is. Especially with DC - she is more of a DC reader and i am more interested in Marvel and independents. Between the two of us - and I am not exaggerating here - we order over 100 comics a month. Once I lose interest in an indy, we pretty much drop it and that is how it was with Soldier Zero.

I used to hate Boom! personally. I didn't order a single Boom! book until Irredeemable 1 came out. My hatred for them stemmed from an incident involving a $2 bill at the '06 SDCC.

Edit - I just counted - my Previews order for this month has 126 comics, 2 magazines, 3 TPBs and an Indigo lantern.
      I like The Traveler because of the characters wit and interesting charm, the action in the book is really good too and the designs for the characters have been a real treat, same goes with the designs for all the books in my opinion. Starborn has been excellent as well, the fact that the girl he grew up with was an alien sent to earth to watch over him blew me away, just awesome stuff. I personally like Soldier Zero, issue #4 being my favorite so far, but I can see why some wouldn't be into it, but so far I'm loving it to death as well as the rest of the Lee/BOOM line.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
      X