Christmas Song Lyrics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Song Lyrics

At work we got to talking about Christmas lyrics that don’t make sense. My top 3;

3: Last year when I was only seven, now I’m almost eight as you can see (From ‘Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas’) wouldn’t he be eight now not 'almost eight'?
    2: Do you recall the most famous reindeer of all (From ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’). If he’s that famous why do you have to ask?
    1: Christmas comes this time each year (From ‘Little Saint Nick’ by the Beach Boys) No kidding, it does!
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    At work we got to talking about Christmas lyrics that don’t make sense. My top 3;

3: Last year when I was only seven, now I’m almost eight as you can see (From ‘Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas’) wouldn’t he be eight now not 'almost eight'?
    Not quite. It says "last year", not "exactly one year ago". There's a difference. Especially if your birthday is close to Christmas.

2: Do you recall the most famous reindeer of all (From ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’). If he’s that famous why do you have to ask?
    Well, there are plenty of famous people I've never heard of. Name almost any sports celebrity, or current pop star.

1: Christmas comes this time each year (From ‘Little Saint Nick’ by the Beach Boys) No kidding, it does!
    Absolutely "No duh" if you already know Christmas is an annual holiday. However obvious though, it's merely stating a flat fact. If you DON'T know Christmas is an annual holiday, it's telling you!
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

merry christmas everybody

Comment

Working...
      X