Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Song Lyrics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ghornet2
    started a topic Christmas Song Lyrics

    Christmas Song Lyrics

    At work we got to talking about Christmas lyrics that don’t make sense. My top 3;

    3: Last year when I was only seven, now I’m almost eight as you can see (From ‘Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas’) wouldn’t he be eight now not 'almost eight'?
    2: Do you recall the most famous reindeer of all (From ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’). If he’s that famous why do you have to ask?
    1: Christmas comes this time each year (From ‘Little Saint Nick’ by the Beach Boys) No kidding, it does!

  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    merry christmas everybody

    Leave a comment:


  • positronic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    At work we got to talking about Christmas lyrics that don’t make sense. My top 3;

    3: Last year when I was only seven, now I’m almost eight as you can see (From ‘Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas’) wouldn’t he be eight now not 'almost eight'?
    Not quite. It says "last year", not "exactly one year ago". There's a difference. Especially if your birthday is close to Christmas.

    Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    2: Do you recall the most famous reindeer of all (From ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’). If he’s that famous why do you have to ask?
    Well, there are plenty of famous people I've never heard of. Name almost any sports celebrity, or current pop star.

    Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    1: Christmas comes this time each year (From ‘Little Saint Nick’ by the Beach Boys) No kidding, it does!
    Absolutely "No duh" if you already know Christmas is an annual holiday. However obvious though, it's merely stating a flat fact. If you DON'T know Christmas is an annual holiday, it's telling you!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X