Munchin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munchin

Does anyone here play Munchkin. I'm just getting started.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

used to play all the time. had so many cards it was crazy.

Comment

I'm not much of a gamer (video-, RPG, or otherwise). My experience with games pretty much ends at boardgames. However, I AM a huge MARS ATTACKS fan, so the following product caught my eye in the most recent Diamond Previews catalog. Not sure if this is a game in itself, or what else might be required to play it. All I could determine about the game play is that it involves dice, cards, and a board (which may be a piece of paper) and player game pieces, which makes it seem more like a regular boardgame than a RPG (that's a good thing). Now I am curious about Munchkin, but I'm not sure where to find other players.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Munchkin MARS ATTACKS!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	48793

Even if this is just the cards it is a nice MARS ATTACKS collectible, so I will probably buy it since it only costs about $6.
      Last edited by pulphero; 09-12-2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
        used to play all the time. had so many cards it was crazy.
        Do you still hae your cards? We're going to start with the SUperhero version but there is some stuff I might be interested in.

And Pulp Hero the Mars Attacks is a mini expansion/booster for the Apocalypse version of the game.
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
          Do you still hae your cards? We're going to start with the SUperhero version but there is some stuff I might be interested in.

And Pulp Hero the Mars Attacks is a mini expansion/booster for the Apocalypse version of the game.
          Wait... there's a Superhero version too? And if Munchkin Apocalypse isn't the same as regular Munchkin, then all the different Munchkin card games (unless they have specific add-on expansion/booster sets like Mars Attacks) are incompatible with each other? Like, you couldn't play Apocalypse with the Superhero version, or just add the Mars Attacks booster to the Super version? I just got around to figuring out that the Munchkin card game, the Munchkin board game, and the Munchkin role-playing game are all different and incompatible. It gets even more complicated? Or maybe this is just incomprehensible to someone who's only vaguely familiar with RPGs, since the whole concept seems to be not only to parody various genres and sub-genres, but to parody the concept of RPGing itself.

Comment

Here's the link for Steve Jackson Games Munchkin page. From what I understand s lot of people combined sets in what's called a Munchkin Blender game.
            http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/cardgame/

There is
            Star Munckin
            Super Munch
            Munchkin Bites (Vampire)
            Munchkin Fu (Martial Arts parody)
            Munckin Impossible (Spy parody)
            and a lot more.

They sell the games but they can often be found at comic shops or other oneline stores (some times for less). Some out of print boosters are selling for 30 and 40 dollars on e-bay. They originally retailed for $6.

Got curious and did the math - there are over 5,000 Munchin cards if you figure in all the boosters and sets.
            Last edited by Ghornet2; 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I downloaded all the rules PDFs for Apocalypse, Super, Star, Blender, and Munchkin 7. I guess I'll wait for the Mars Attacks booster set to come out to decide whether I need to get the Munchkin Apocalypse set, or whether I can just play it with the SuperMunchkin or Star Munchkin sets. Maybe get both and combine them Munchkin 7. This could get expensive.
              Last edited by pulphero; 09-13-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                I downloaded all the rules PDFs for Apocalypse, Super, Star, Blender, and Munchkin 7. I guess I'll wait for the Mars Attacks booster set to come out to decide whether I need to get the Munchkin Apocalypse set, or whether I can just play it with the SuperMunchkin or Star Munchkin sets. Maybe get both and combine them Munchkin 7. This could get expensive.
                Very expensive.

Comment

Munchkin

My friends and family have been playing Munchkin for ages, in a number of 'flavors'. What do you need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Redsonjalover View Post
                    My friends and family have been playing Munchkin for ages, in a number of 'flavors'. What do you need to know?
                    We haven't started playing yet. I've got Super Munchkin and its expansion and a couple of other things on the way.

Do Munchkin Impossible & Munchkin Fu combined well with Super?
                    Is there a combined list of card out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post

nah, i gave all my cards to my old roommate when he moved out.

that Mars Attacks set does look pretty cool though.

Comment

The card list is ready if anybody is interested PM your e-mail address and I'll send it along.

Comment

Working...
                        X