Lobster Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    I'll have to check with my LCBS and get back here. They are usually very reliable.
    Find out anything further yet?

Comment

• Work got crazy. I'll try and get there tomorrow.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Finally got a chance to talk to my LCBS. There were multiple dates. Next one is either March 8 or 15.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• LOBSTER JOHNSON PIRATES GHOST #1
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
            But all the issues have that "Number ___ in a Series" part on the inside cover, so I would think they'd want to keep the tpb collections in order that way, rather than the order broken up between two or three tpb collections.
            Who'd want to buy "Numbers 21-23 & 27-28 in a Series" collected together but then wonder if/when "Numbers 24-26" may eventually show up?
            The newest Lobster Johnson trade collection is solicited in the August issue of PREVIEWS, and reprints the two most recent 3-issue arcs drawn by Tonci Zonjic, bypassing the one-shots. More oddly, on the cover the 2 arcs are listed in the reverse order in which they were published, as "The Pirate's Ghost and Metal Monsters of Midtown". Whether that reflects the actual order in which the stories will appear in the TP is anyone's guess. Solicited for a December 13, 2017 release.

I don't assume that means that the one-shot stories don't matter, only that the order that you read them in doesn't matter, unless there are events taking place in the story which indicate a continuity order. The Lobster Johnson stories are all flashbacks to events occurring in the past, but I don't presume that the events of those stories necessarily occur in the order in which they happened to be published. That goes for the various Shadow stories published by DE as well, unless internal story evidence dictates otherwise.

The "Number ___ in a series" is probably only relevant for the reason of a collector knowing he had gotten all the LJ single issues as they were released, not for establishing the continuity order of the stories. If the single issues were numbered out-of-order relative to the order of publication, to reflect the order in which they'd later be collected in paperback, it would create far too much confusion.

Another one-shot issue, LOBSTER JOHNSON MANGEKYO, will ship August 2nd, 2017.
            Last edited by positronic; 07-29-2017, 03:31 AM.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I enjoyed the Mangeky˘ one-shot, but now I'm jonesing for another new story with the Lobster!

Comment

Working...
              X