No announcement yet.

Lobster Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds great. I've recently decided to switch over to TBPs so it might be a while until I get a chance to read it.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
      Sounds great. I've recently decided to switch over to TBPs so it might be a while until I get a chance to read it.
      I'm not sure how this will be collected. It sounds like there is a Kevin Nowlan one-shot coming later this year as well, so I'm guessing that and another one shot will be collected with A Chain Forged in Life, The Glass Mantis, and The Forgotten Man, while Metal Monsters of Midtown is collected with a two-part story, hopefully illustrated by Tonci Zonjic.
      This is all just speculation, though.

Comment

• Oh, and the Where is Jake Ellis tpb illustrated by Tonci Zonjic is out, with a great sketchbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
          Oh, and the Where is Jake Ellis tpb illustrated by Tonci Zonjic is out, with a great sketchbook.
          Got it, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Plus I need to go back and read Who Is Jake Ellis? again first, because there's details I can't remember after all this time.

Comment

• Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham, a 1920s Batman story co-written by Mike Mignola and penciled by Troy Nixey, also recently came out. Well worth a read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
              Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham, a 1920s Batman story co-written by Mike Mignola and penciled by Troy Nixey, also recently came out. Well worth a read.
              That story's been around for quite awhile. It was originally published as a 3-part bookshelf format miniseries in 2000. Right up Mignola's alley though, as it merges elements from Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" with a 1920s Elseworlds Batman story. Almost seems like it could take place in the Hellboy universe, were it not for the fact that Hellboy's already met Batman.

Comment

• Lobster Johnson: Metal Monsters of Midtown #1 (of 3)

A new Lobster Johnson arc starts next week (May 25th): Metal Monsters of Midtown.
                https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/27-...s-of-Midtown-1

Comment

• I've really enjoyed the last couple of one-shots as well. If Tonci Zonjic ever moves on to other projects (I hope he never does), Peter Snejberg, who drew The Forgotten Man one-shot, would make an able replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                    I've really enjoyed the last couple of one-shots as well. If Tonci Zonjic ever moves on to other projects (I hope he never does), Peter Snejberg, who drew The Forgotten Man one-shot, would make an able replacement.
                    Yeah, Snejberg's art really fit the series well. I hope he returns for future one-shots.
                    Really looking forward to Metal Monsters of Midtown tomorrow.

Comment

• What did you guys think of Metal Monsters of Midtown #1?
                      I thought it was great. I love the one-shots, and they are a lot of fun to read, but there's nothing I like better than the longer stories.

Comment

• Metal Monsters of Midtown was good pulpy fun. I find myself hoping each new Lobster story brings some nugget or clue regarding who or what, exactly the Lobster is. There hasn't been much of that in the last group of one-shots and nothing here either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                          Metal Monsters of Midtown was good pulpy fun. I find myself hoping each new Lobster story brings some nugget or clue regarding who or what, exactly the Lobster is. There hasn't been much of that in the last group of one-shots and nothing here either.
                          Now that Cindy seems to be working with the Lobster, I wonder if she will continue to investigate his past. I expect we will see some major developments in whichever upcoming series brings Wald and Isog back into play.

Comment

• Did anybody else have problems getting a copy of Metal Monsters #1?
                            I started an actual pull list a month or two back at my usual store so I'd be sure to get it, but he never did get any copies. (Had to look elsewhere for it.) And I know of other places where if they do get any copies of Lobster Johnson, at best it's maybe one or two beyond what customers specifically requested.
                            Hoping I'll be able to get issue #2 with less hassle tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                              Did anybody else have problems getting a copy of Metal Monsters #1?
                              I started an actual pull list a month or two back at my usual store so I'd be sure to get it, but he never did get any copies. (Had to look elsewhere for it.) And I know of other places where if they do get any copies of Lobster Johnson, at best it's maybe one or two beyond what customers specifically requested.
                              Hoping I'll be able to get issue #2 with less hassle tomorrow.
                              Having been in this position I feel I should speak up for the store.

They probably had their order in before you set up the pull list and may not have been able to add to it. It may have been on a first come first served basis.

That said, they at the least they should have been able to put in a reorder and get it for you.
                              Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                              http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                                . . . That said, they at the least they should have been able to put in a reorder and get it for you.
                                Oh, they tried, but he apparently didn't have any luck. (I did tell him not to worry about it once I found a copy elsewhere; don't know if he may still eventually get it in.)
                                He did get a copy of issue #2 for me for this week, so it's all working out for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X