Captain Midnight and the Project Black Sky line from Dark Horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Midnight and the Project Black Sky line from Dark Horse

Just curious as to if anybody else reads any of these titles. At present, the ongoing books are Captain Midnight, X, and Ghost. (The latter two were part of Dark Horse's previous Comics Greatest World line from the 1990s.) Other mini-/limited series have included Skyman, Blackout, Brain Buy, and The Occultist.

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just curious as to if anybody else reads any of these titles. At present, the ongoing books are Captain Midnight, X, and Ghost. (The latter two were part of Dark Horse's previous Comics Greatest World line from the 1990s.) Other mini-/limited series have included Skyman, Blackout, Brain Buy, and The Occultist.
    I've been reading Captain Midnight since the beginning, and have really enjoyed Brain Boy and Blackout as well. I hope to see those continue at some point, either as ongoing titles or as a series of miniseries (like with Hellboy). Skyman hasn't done much for me so far, although I did read both the first miniseries and the recent one-shot. Started reading X and Ghost for a while, but have more or less dropped them (might change my mind if the creative teams change). Strangely enough though, they got me interesting in going back and reading the original CGW incarnations of those characters, most issues of which I have found cheaply enough in the 50 cent bins. Just need a few odd issues here and there to complete the runs. Haven't gotten around to reading Occultist yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
      . . . Started reading X and Ghost for a while, but have more or less dropped them (might change my mind if the creative teams change). Strangely enough though, they got me interesting in going back and reading the original CGW incarnations of those characters, most issues of which I have found cheaply enough in the 50 cent bins. Just need a few odd issues here and there to complete the runs. Haven't gotten around to reading Occultist yet.
      I use to really enjoy X when it was part of CGW, but the two somewhat recent issues I read by Swierczynski really didn't do anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
        I use to really enjoy X when it was part of CGW, but the two somewhat recent issues I read by Swierczynski really didn't do anything for me.
        It appears that there's what PREVIEWS describes as "THE FINAL ARC OF CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT!" coming soon in CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT #20-24, that is preceded by a 2-part prequel story in X #21-22. The story title is "Marked For Death", which makes it sound like X is putting Captain Midnight in his crosshairs. Meanwhile, that same month (Feb.) DARK HORSE PRESENTS #7 features a Fred van Lente story starring APE-X (from the FCBD 2014 Project Black Sky story).

I hope that's just hyperbole, or they're relaunching CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT with a new Vol. 2, #1 or something... but it would fit with my typical luck in current comics that I enjoy.
        Last edited by pulphero; 11-27-2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

been reading Cap Midnight since the first issue. i hope it isn't the end for this series, i've really enjoyed it. i read the first few issues of Ghost...didn't care for it to be honest. i prefer the previous incarnation.

Comment

Definitely enjoying Captain Midnight. Ghost is fun but I'm doing it in TPB so I've got a little bit of a wait.

Hope Midnight isn't canceled. But then again I seem to be loosing comics at an appalling rate. I think I'm down to maybe 5.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...black-sky.html

They CAN fix this line to thrive......but will they?

Comment

Looks like Captain Midnight will be wrapping up with #24 (or is it 25?). Sad to see it go. Apart from the on-again/off-again Lobster Johnson series of miniseries, it was my favorite Dark Horse title.
                Last edited by pulphero; 04-05-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X