Elric

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric

I am re-reading the old Elric comics now, beginning with the Pacific run. Awesome stuff, P Craig Russell is amazing (although the art on his Storm Bringer series was bad). Loved the old series done by First Comics, but can't help but wonder if Dynamite could have a real good go at this without ruining it. Using the source material in Chronological order and telling the story loyally as it should be.

This could be a master piece. Get Michael Moorcock to write the adaptations. He did a brilliant job with the series for DC comics - this has winner all over it. Other series of the last few years have been terrible and a slight to the character.....we need something better.

Hmmmm Red Sonja / Elric has a nice ring to it..................

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
    I am re-reading the old Elric comics now, beginning with the Pacific run. Awesome stuff, P Craig Russell is amazing (although the art on his Storm Bringer series was bad). Loved the old series done by First Comics, but can't help but wonder if Dynamite could have a real good go at this without ruining it. Using the source material in Chronological order and telling the story loyally as it should be.

This could be a master piece. Get Michael Moorcock to write the adaptations. He did a brilliant job with the series for DC comics - this has winner all over it. Other series of the last few years have been terrible and a slight to the character.....we need something better.

Hmmmm Red Sonja / Elric has a nice ring to it..................
    I don't know about getting Moorcock. I wasn't super-crazy about the stories of either the DC/Helix Michael Moorcock's Multiverse, or the later Elric: Making of a Sorcerer, even though I loved the art by both John Bolton and Walt Simonson. Both of those represented "dream quests" of Elric's, so they were sort of outside the continuity of "classic" Elric. Much better was IDW's Elric: The Balance Lost by Dynamite's own Chris Roberson, a fully-authorized crossover of all of the main aspects of the Eternal Champion.

BTW, Titan Books is reprinting all of the older Elric comics adaptations in a "Library" series of hardcovers.
    Last edited by pulphero; 12-25-2014, 04:01 AM.

Comment

[/QUOTE]BTW, Titan Books is reprinting all of the older Elric comics adaptations in a "Library" series of hardcovers.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was new versions?

Comment

Working...
      X