Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Girl

G'day,

Well it looks like DC have a new Power Girl and the fan girls over IO9 like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	power girl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	49620

Now I realise she's only a teen so they can't overly sexualise her but you think they could have done cute and pretty. Its hard to compete with the original.

Ralph

Name:	power girl2.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	49621

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    Now I realise she's only a teen so they can't overly sexualise her but you think they could have done cute and pretty.
    Er... didn't they? Make her cute and pretty, I mean. Though a lot will depend on the artist.
    Last edited by ChastMastr; 01-09-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Not bad. I guess now that the original is back on Earth 2 (where she started) they felt the need to replace her and having the new one be black makes her stand out from Kara.
      Last edited by Ghornet2; 01-09-2015, 03:43 PM.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

G'day

Stand out is not the term I would use. She looks like a scrawny kid playing superhero.

Ralph

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
        Not bad. I guess now that the original is back on Earth 2 (where she started) they felt the nee to replace her and having the new one be black makes her stand out from Kara.

Comment

Nothing is sacred in comic books now.

She was an awesome character who they have replaced and updated needlessly and now looks.........BLAND!

Comment

G'day,

Exactly. Kara was drawn in a way that just extrudes strength, confidence and vitality. Boob window and all. She was Power Girl.

If I saw this little kid I would tell her to stop playing dress up and go do her homework.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
            Nothing is sacred in comic books now.

She was an awesome character who they have replaced and updated needlessly and now looks.........BLAND!
            (photoshop by Jeff Chapman)

Name:	power_girl_2_by_jeffach-d6fjb5l.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	48947

Comment

She's a different character, and younger than PG. Why shouldn't she look different? Her powers don't have to do with super-human musculature.

Comment

G;day,

Np problem with the new character. But someone who calls herself Power Girl really should look like... well a powerful girl. She does not.

Ralph

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                She's a different character, and younger than PG. Why shouldn't she look different? Her powers don't have to do with super-human musculature.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
                  Kara's still around. In fact, she's in a couple of different series right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                    Np problem with the new character. But someone who calls herself Power Girl really should look like... well a powerful girl. She does not.

Well, one, she's a teenager, and two, she was given the name (and, it's been suggested, the powers) by Kara; calling herself Power Girl wasn't her own idea.

Comment

And some of it just has to do with the artist. She looks a bit older here:

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...rlds-End-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                        And some of it just has to do with the artist. She looks a bit older here:

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...rlds-End-2.jpg
                        She does. Too old to be 17. And far too large for a 17 year old, unless the gray-haired gentleman with her is a midget (excuse me, "little person").

I'm not sure what the point of creating a new character with this name would be anyway. It will only tick some people off, and for the ones it doesn't, if they like the character then the name couldn't possibly make any difference... it isn't going to make anyone like her MORE.

Comment

Well, we have the Earth-2 Green Lantern, Flash, Atom, etc., so why not have an Earth-1 (zero?) Power Girl? Before Crisis there was a Roy Thomas story in which Captain Marvel and Superman had to find the Billy Batson of Earth-One, and while he didn't have any powers, the possibility that someday he might become the Earth-One Captain Marvel was raised.

Comment

I am actually settling into the new 52, and think it gets bad press.

Shame that they have decided to fool around with it for 2015......reeks of 'giving in' to me.

Comment

If DC keeps the New 52 around in some form for people who like it, good for them, but I would be thrilled to have more classic versions of the characters to read. I've found the New 52 to be relentlessly grim.

Comment

Working...
                              X