Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's vewy, vewy quiet...

This is odd. Where is everybody?

Everybody's gone to a party they deliberately didn't tell you about.

Comment

LOL! Amusing...

Comment

I really have soured on much of Dynamite's infrequent output lately.

Had been thinking of getting some of the KING books, but later changed my mind and spend my $'s elsewhere.

Maybe I'll pick up Masks 2 when it comes out, but otherwise I'm waiting for a few other things that are more towards summer.

(And if we get more mediocre-to-pathetic stuff like December's Shadow and Avengers over-priced specials, I won't be too thrilled.)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          I really have soured on much of Dynamite's infrequent output lately.

Had been thinking of getting some of the KING books, but later changed my mind and spend my $'s elsewhere.

Maybe I'll pick up Masks 2 when it comes out, but otherwise I'm waiting for a few other things that are more towards summer.

(And if we get more mediocre-to-pathetic stuff like December's Shadow and Avengers over-priced specials, I won't be too thrilled.)
          Dynamite's output isn't really "infrequent". They publish about the same number of books each month, they just don't go in for long ongoing series', generally. It's a model which seems to work for them.

I liked the Shadow speciial, BTW. And I'm really enjoying King: Phantom and King: Flash Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
            Dynamite's output isn't really "infrequent". They publish about the same number of books each month, they just don't go in for long ongoing series', generally. It's a model which seems to work for them.

I liked the Shadow speciial, BTW. And I'm really enjoying King: Phantom and King: Flash Gordon.
            Which Shadow Special?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TNAgentsShadowCovHack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	48966
            http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...hadow_One_Shot

or

Click image for larger version

Name:	ShadowSpecial2014CovHester.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	48967
            http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...RO=C1606905686

I bought the first one (the One Shot) and thought it was awful; wasn't willing to risk my money on the second one (though it probably was better . . . couldn't be much worse.)

Comment

The first one. Haven't read the second one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                This continuing mini-series format was proposed by First Comics in 1991 before their end. They abandoned all on-going books in favour of mini's. Radical at the time, but surprising how ahead of its time it actually was.

You could argue even Marvel do this these days, as most series either end or are rebooted before they get to issue 13.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                  This is odd. Where is everybody?
                  The board has been quiet since December. Not much worth commenting on either which is unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
                    The board has been quiet since December. Not much worth commenting on either which is unusual.
                    Yes, it is pretty amazing how much chatter PROJECT: SUPERPOWERS can generate when it's not being published, and then how "not much worth commenting on" it is when finally published again. BLACKCROSS was released last Wednesday, and not a peep of reaction.

Comment

I personally had little interest in Project Superpowers. A lot of the books I was following are gone, now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
                        I think there's some amazing stuff coming out but I've already posted on it.

Comment

aside from John Carter i haven't been getting very many Dynamite comics lately.

Comment

I have to admit I have fallen a few months behind in reading most DE titles (VAMPIRELLA, JOHN CARTER, DJANGO/ZORRO, LONE RANGER, etc.). Trying to read the newer series first issues (KING minis and BLACKCROSS, etc.) as they come out now, before I start falling behind on them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
                              aside from John Carter i haven't been getting very many Dynamite comics lately.
                              Red Sonja is on my pull list, but Simone scripts are dire.
                              John Carter is amazing.
                              Lady Demon was disappointing.
                              Red Sonja Vultures Circle should have been the main book - it's better
                              Blood Queen I am anticipating a lot as the first series was amazing.

Generally a lot of comics I am getting from all publishers are losing their way at the moment, I hope the latter 2015 gets some focus back into them.

Comment

Working...
                              X