DC's Convergence and tie-ins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC's Convergence and tie-ins

So who else is reading Convergence? I'm really enjoying it and especially the tie-in books so far.

Certainly more interesting than any given week in DC publishing in the last few years. Of the first week's offerings, I'll probably read the second issues of about half of them: Superman, Nightwing/Oracle, Titans, The Atom, Speed Force, Harley Quinn. Batgirl, Batman & Robin, and Justice League were pretty 'meh'. Didn't bother reading The Question (never really liked any of the post-Ditko DC versions of the character, except for the animated version). Better than 50% isn't a bad batting average though. Wasn't quite sure what to expect from the first couple of weeks' titles, based on solicitations. Actually I was looking more forward to the last couple of weeks worth of titles, which sound a lot more interesting to me, on average. Shazam, Freedom Fighters, Crime Syndicate, Charlton Action Heroes, JSA... that stuff.
    Last edited by pulphero; 04-11-2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

didn't really care for any of the ones i read.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
        didn't really care for any of the ones i read.
        Not saying any of them were brilliant or anything. It's all relative. For DC Comics, more of these were "more OK than usual" than is usually the case. Maybe not as good as Astro City, Multiversity, or Batman '66.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Not saying any of them were brilliant or anything. It's all relative. For DC Comics, more of these were "more OK than usual" than is usually the case. Maybe not as good as Astro City, Multiversity, or Batman '66.
          Astro City, Batman 66 and Wonder Woman 77 are usually fun comics...but they aren't New 52 comics. i thought some of Multiversity was good...but i wasn't as crazy about it as a lot of people seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
            Astro City, Batman 66 and Wonder Woman 77 are usually fun comics...but they aren't New 52 comics. i thought some of Multiversity was good...but i wasn't as crazy about it as a lot of people seem to be.
            Wonder Woman 77 is out already? Oh, only digital, right!

I'm not sure any of the Convergence titles are New 52 comics, either (maybe issue #0, but that's about it). At least no more than they're non-New 52 DC Comics. Of course there are some New 52 DC characters in there, along with just as many or more that aren't. Nor does it require any real reading of any New 52 comic books going into it to understand.
            Last edited by pulphero; 04-13-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X