No announcement yet.

Marvel's All-New, All-Different Lineup!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel's All-New, All-Different Lineup!

Info is here!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...creative-teams

What do people see that interests them?

G'day,

None really jump out and grab me. I'll probably get a few number ones to see if they interest me. In that list I put Starlord, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. might get the Two Spider blokes. I used to like Captain Marvel but that butch haircut and the sexless costume just puts be off.

Who got Spider-Woman pregnant?!!?

Ralph

Comment

Nothing to get too excited about. I don't know, maybe Howard the Duck and Squadron Supreme.

Comment

With the caveat that some I want will have to be gotten later when money allows...

Definites:

A-Force #1
        W: G. Willow Wilson

All-New Wolverine #1
        W: Tom Taylor

Scarlet Witch #1
        W: James Robinson

Ms. Marvel #1
        W: G. Willow Wilson

Squadron Supreme #1
        W: James Robinson

The Mighty Thor #1
        W: Jason Aaron

All-New All-Different Avengers #1
        W: Mark Waid

Doctor Strange #1
        W: Jason Aaron

The Totally Awesome Hulk #1
        W: Greg Pak

Maybes:

Ultimates #1
        W: Al Ewing (I'm beginning to become more interested in Al Ewing)

Web Warriors #1 (I'm interested in the whole alt-universe stuff)
        W: Mike Costa

Amazing Spider-Man #1
        W: Dan Slott (I've been enjoying his work on Spider-Man since the Superior stuff)

Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 (intrigued by the concept and really hoping for a Dum Dum Dugan ghost character, rather than an LMD)
        W: Frank Barbiere

Uncanny Avengers #1 (loved the previous run)
        W: Gerry Duggan

Uncanny X-Men #1 (really want to see Sabertooth continue his quest for redemption, but if he's gone back over, I don't know...)
        W: Cullen Bunn

Extraordinary X-Men #1 (on the one hand, this has Logan and the classic Storm/Colossus/Kurt X-characters I love most; on the other hand, it's Old Man Logan from Millar-dystopia, and I haven't really followed Lemire's work; on the other other hand, this could still be a good take on the character despite his miserable backstory)
        W: Jeff Lemire

Old Man Logan #1 (same as above)
        W: Jeff Lemire

New Avengers #1
        W: Al Ewing (see above re Al Ewing; also interested in Hulkling and Wiccan)

Contest of Champions #1
        W: Al Ewing (see above)

Comment

G'day,

From a closer look it appears to be Marvel Next Gen. Old Steve Roger and New Younger Captain America, Adult Peter Parker & Young Miles, Jessica Drew & bub, Clint Barton and young Kate Bishop etc. Is this a new thing for Marvel?

Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
            G'day,

From a closer look it appears to be Marvel Next Gen. Old Steve Roger and New Younger Captain America, Adult Peter Parker & Young Miles, Jessica Drew & bub, Clint Barton and young Kate Bishop etc. Is this a new thing for Marvel?

Ralph
            Well, they're definitely All-New #1 issues!!!

Comment

Honestly? Nothing interests me here or gives me the fizz.

Marvel have sold out in recent years and will never do anything to stray from the movie franchises anymore. The comics have merely become a movie tool, and a way to pave the way to 'what could be' in future movies. Do I blame them - no, not really, but can't help but fell that they have took an almighty dump on the source material.

I am wrapping my Marvel collections up, and in recent years have limited them to anything written by Peter David, as he is the only Marvel writer I have any time for these days. Spider-Man 2099 was okay, but suffered from too much influence in the spider-man titles. Wasn't sorry to see it end, and the new series have committed the sin of changing the costume, so I won't be picking that up. It's just not him anymore - it could be any Spider-Man from any time line.

So when Future Imperfect and Secret Wars 2099 wrap - that's me and Marvel done and dusted.

Comment

G'day,

I predicted as much months ago. Although some here said I was mistaken. But I'm not sure its necessary a bad thing. Have a look at how many titles are lead by female characters. I counted ten, some of those like Spider-Gwen have been selling like hot cakes, maybe the movies has attracted new female readers . If you want comics to survive and prosper, you need readers.

Also is moving characters on to the next stage of their life really dumping on them? This next gen stuff could produce some interesting stories.

Ralph

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
                Honestly? Nothing interests me here or gives me the fizz.

Marvel have sold out in recent years and will never do anything to stray from the movie franchises anymore. The comics have merely become a movie tool, and a way to pave the way to 'what could be' in future movies. Do I blame them - no, not really, but can't help but fell that they have took an almighty dump on the source material.

I am wrapping my Marvel collections up, and in recent years have limited them to anything written by Peter David, as he is the only Marvel writer I have any time for these days. Spider-Man 2099 was okay, but suffered from too much influence in the spider-man titles. Wasn't sorry to see it end, and the new series have committed the sin of changing the costume, so I won't be picking that up. It's just not him anymore - it could be any Spider-Man from any time line.

So when Future Imperfect and Secret Wars 2099 wrap - that's me and Marvel done and dusted.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                  G'day,

I predicted as much months ago. Although some here said I was mistaken. But I'm not sure its necessary a bad thing. Have a look at how many titles are lead by female characters. I counted ten, some of those like Spider-Gwen have been selling like hot cakes, maybe the movies has attracted new female readers . If you want comics to survive and prosper, you need readers.

Also is moving characters on to the next stage of their life really dumping on them? This next gen stuff could produce some interesting stories.

Ralph
                  The next stage of their life......one way of putting it.
                  The books I like from Marvel just aren't out there anymore.
                  Marvel has changed beyond recognition and I am happy to move on. Leave it to the new readers who don't remember better times.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
                    The next stage of their life......one way of putting it.
                    The books I like from Marvel just aren't out there anymore.
                    Marvel has changed beyond recognition and I am happy to move on. Leave it to the new readers who don't remember better times.
                    Yeah, that's a pretty good way of summarizing it. Same for DC.

Comment

I'm actually going to be buying more marvel books in October, i am getting ultimates Spider-Man spidey2099, extraordinary x-men, old man Logan, new avengers.

Comment

I remember other times, but I would not say in all cases that they were better times.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                          I remember other times, but I would not say in all cases that they were better times.
                          Just better on average. Or at least, the characters were more recognizable on average.

Comment

G'day,

Considering these books aren't out yet I can't see how you can really judge them. What I'll be looking for is the quality of the story, -does it grab me? Are the characters interesting? Is it fun or riveting? Does the art look good? Does the art move the story etc.
                            As to the characters- is it a reasonable development considering their new situation- ie . old man Steve Rogers, mum Jessica Drew, foster dad Clint Barton etc.

Thats why I'm taking an experimental approach.

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                            Just better on average. Or at least, the characters were more recognizable on average.

Comment

I'm not suggesting there's an imaginary dividing line pre- and post-Secret Wars, where the quality just dropped off a cliff. There was a gradual process that eroded the company as a whole, or a general trend where the characters become less recognizable and attractive to me as reader. It's just that Secret Wars is a convenient dividing line for a cutoff point. Before that, the list had been seriously dwindling anyway. "All New All Different" is intending to promote a jump-on point for new readers, but it can as easily signal a jump-off point for old readers. It's not even really even quitting or dropping titles so much, as just not starting reading new ones. There may be the odd title of interest to me here or there (I mentioned Howard the Duck and Squadron Supreme), but in general I don't have much in the way of positive brand-associated feeling for the overall product being offered. What's evaporated is largely any PREdisposition to buy new Marvel Comics, as opposed to back issues or reprints.
                              Last edited by pulphero; 07-07-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X