MIRACLEMAN BY GAIMAN & BUCKINGHAM #3

Getting when I can afford them, most likely:

THORS #4
    AGE OF APOCALYPSE #5
    HAIL HYDRA #4
    HOWLING COMMANDOS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #1
    FIGMENT 2 #2 (of 5)
    MARVEL SUPER HERO SPECTACULAR #1

At first I was disappointed that some new titles aren't listed yet, but on the other hand, since they're finishing up Secret Wars and its crossovers, it's just as well and means I won't be overwhelmed financially.

Comment

SECRET WARS: AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 (one-shot)
      SQUADRON SINISTER TPB
      SILVER SURFER VOL 3: LAST DAYS TPB
      AVENGERS: TIME RUNS OUT VOL. 2 TPB

Stuff I might get when it comes out in TPB (will check reviews):
      SECRET WARS (main) – Wouldn’t spend $50 on the HC, though. Maybe half that for a TPB.
      WHERE MONSTERS DWELL
      CAPTAIN AMERICA: White
      ASTONISHING ANT-MAN
      MIRACLEMAN by Gaiman & Buckingham
      Last edited by pulphero; 07-18-2015, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Really don't know if I'll be buying any Marvel for October, and wondering how much of what was solicited for October will be delayed until another month?

(Also, did anybody else notice that the MARVEL SUPER HERO CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #1 reprint collection book is accompanied by artwork for the Marvel Masterworks THE CHAMPIONS Volume 1 collection instead?)

Comment

So I finally borrowed and read Secret Wars #0-4. Quite a leap there, in between issues 1 and 2, where they just skip over the whole deal with what happened when Earth-616 and Earth-1601 were about to collide in the final incursion, and how Dr. Doom, Molecule Man and Dr. Strange actually defeated the Beyonders. Next thing we know it's 8 years later and Earth-1601 had its own space liferaft (not hinted at before this) as well. Then things get pretty slow-moving with a lot of talking heads for a few issues, while I'm getting pretty impatient about how Doom was able to cut-and-paste Battleworld together from bits and pieces of universes that were seemingly destroyed prior to that final incursion in issue #1, and kick the Beyonders' butts at the same time. So other than Doom, Strange, the Cabal (including Ultimate Reed Richards), Miles Morales Spider-Man and the dozen or so liferaft survivors of Earth-616 (who can all remember a world prior to Battleworld), where do the rest of the inhabitants of Battleworld come from? Especially Sue and Valeria (now the wife and daughter of Doom)? If Doom has the power to create a universe (complete with people) now, he's kind of doing a crappy job of it. If the other inhabitants of Battleworld aren't created by Dr. Doom, then shouldn't they be able to remember a pre-Battleworld universe? Wow, this is being intentionally vague. At least when it was talking heads scenes in the prior Incursion/Time Runs Out story, it was serving the purpose of character conflict/development/interaction and explaining how the Illuminati were discovering how the whole Incursion worked, or how each Avengers faction was developing its own strategies. So what exactly did merging Earth-616 with the Rogue Planet do? Seems kind of like Hickman just wrote himself into a corner there, and is sort of trying to pass off some half-mumbled explanation as a deus ex machina.

Prediction: Just like with FLASHPOINT, when the new wave of post-Secret Wars #1s in October and November come out, you'll pretty much be able to ignore this as if it never happened.
          Last edited by pulphero; 08-12-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X