Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Horse November 2015 solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dark Horse November 2015 solicitations

    "Call of Duty" Debuts, "Usagi Yojimbo" Hits #150 in Dark Horse's November 2015 Solicitations
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations

    I wonder if we'll ever see BLACK BEETLE NECROLOGUE #1?

  • #2
    Books I am getting when they come out:

    Adam.3 #4 (of 5)
    Conan the Avenger #20

    Books I am getting, most likely, later when I can afford them:

    The EC Archives: Panic Volume 1 HC

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm really only planning on:
      Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21

      But I might be checking out Dead Vengeance #2 (of 4) and Itty Bitty Hellboy: The Search for the Were-Jaguar #1 (of 4)

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Vengence-2-FC-4x6-99d59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	49028Click image for larger version

Name:	Itty-Bitty-Hellboy-The-Search-for-the-Were-Jaguar-1-cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	49029

      Comment


      • #4
        The EC Archives: Panic Volume 1 HC
        Empowered Special: PEW! PEW! PEW!
        Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 11 TP

        Things I might get later when they come out in TPB:
        Dead Vengeance
        Itty Bitty Hellboy
        Joe Golem: Occult Detective
        King Tiger
        The Rook
        Last edited by pulphero; 08-17-2015, 02:08 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          I wonder if we'll ever see BLACK BEETLE NECROLOGUE #1?
          You can always pray that AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE will get cancelled. Maybe readers will get disgusted with the constant delays in getting it out?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pulphero View Post
            You can always pray that AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE will get cancelled. Maybe readers will get disgusted with the constant delays in getting it out?
            I don't know if that's the only thing holding the book up . . . he's also done a ton of covers for Dynamite and others.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
              I don't know if that's the only thing holding the book up . . . he's also done a ton of covers for Dynamite and others.
              Well, yeah. But the going rate for cover art is a lot more than for a standard comic page, so unless DE and other companies stop asking, you can hardly blame him. I'd have to assume his page rate at Archie is generating more income than whatever the pre-orders for Black Beetle: Necrologue #1 would indicate. But I doubt when he started on AWA that he knew it would turn into a long-term gig for him, in fact, more pages than he's done for any other series.

              Personally, I'd rather see Necrologue than any of those other things, but the income is a practical factor, especially if the artist isn't really fast.
              Last edited by pulphero; 08-18-2015, 04:54 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Abe Sapien #28
                BPRD Hell on Earth #137
                Dark Horse Presents #16
                Hellboy and the BPRD: 1953
                Itty Bitty Hellboy: The Search for the Were-Jaguar #1
                Joe Golem: Occult Detective #1
                Usagi Yojimbo #150


                Wow. There are a lot of Dark Horse books in November for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                  I'm really only planning on:
                  Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21

                  But I might be checking out Dead Vengeance #2 (of 4) and Itty Bitty Hellboy: The Search for the Were-Jaguar #1 (of 4)
                  Added Joe Golem #1 to my list.

                  May give Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1953—The Witch Tree & Rawhead and Bloody Bones a shot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How many of those Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. 1953 one-shots are there supposed to be? Why didn't they just release it as a miniseries like with 1952?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                      How many of those Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. 1953 one-shots are there supposed to be? Why didn't they just release it as a miniseries like with 1952?
                      Don't know off hand.
                      But, one advantage of releasing several one-shots vs. a mini-series could also be that "one-shot" sounds more new-reader-friendly than "issue #3 of 6". Plus if there's lag time between issues, it seems more annoying in the middle of a mini-series than between separate one-shot issues.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                        Don't know off hand.
                        But, one advantage of releasing several one-shots vs. a mini-series could also be that "one-shot" sounds more new-reader-friendly than "issue #3 of 6". Plus if there's lag time between issues, it seems more annoying in the middle of a mini-series than between separate one-shot issues.
                        I was thinking more along the lines of "Did I get all of them?". Or maybe I should just wait for the TPB, to be sure.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X