Name:	herc2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	49669

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations

Books I am getting when they come out:

SECRET WARS #9 (of 9)
    THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1
    UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (largely based on interviews with Bunn about continuing Sabertooth's redemption)
    UNCANNY X-MEN #2
    SQUADRON SUPREME #1
    SQUADRON SUPREME #2
    SCARLET WITCH #1
    GWENPOOL SPECIAL #1 (despite the name and spotlight of the character, it's a holiday anthology comic)
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #4
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #5
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #3
    MS. MARVEL #2
    WEB WARRIORS #2
    ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #3
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #3
    THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #3
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #5 (of 5)
    HERCULES #2
    DOCTOR STRANGE #3
    MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #2
    BLACK KNIGHT #2
    MIRACLEMAN BY GAIMAN & BUCKINGHAM #5

Books I am getting, most likely, later when I can afford to:

A-FORCE #1 (if Ms. Marvel were in it, or perhaps Squirrel Girl, I'd snap it right up)
    SPIDEY #1
    STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK #1
    WEIRDWORLD #1
    PATSY WALKER, AKA HELLCAT! #1
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #3
    THE MIGHTY THOR #2
    STAR WARS SPECIAL: C-3PO #1 (because Robinson/Harris)
    FIGMENT 2 #4 (of 5)

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      Books I am getting when they come out:

SECRET WARS #9 (of 9)
      THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1
      UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (largely based on interviews with Bunn about continuing Sabertooth's redemption)
      UNCANNY X-MEN #2
      SQUADRON SUPREME #1
      SQUADRON SUPREME #2
      SCARLET WITCH #1
      GWENPOOL SPECIAL #1 (despite the name and spotlight of the character, it's a holiday anthology comic)
      EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #4
      EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #5
      ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #3
      MS. MARVEL #2
      WEB WARRIORS #2
      ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #3
      UNCANNY AVENGERS #3
      THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #3
      CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #5 (of 5)
      HERCULES #2
      DOCTOR STRANGE #3
      MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #2
      BLACK KNIGHT #2
      MIRACLEMAN BY GAIMAN & BUCKINGHAM #5

Books I am getting, most likely, later when I can afford to:

A-FORCE #1 (if Ms. Marvel were in it, or perhaps Squirrel Girl, I'd snap it right up)
      SPIDEY #1
      STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK #1
      WEIRDWORLD #1
      PATSY WALKER, AKA HELLCAT! #1
      ALL-NEW X-MEN #3
      THE MIGHTY THOR #2
      STAR WARS SPECIAL: C-3PO #1 (because Robinson/Harris)
      FIGMENT 2 #4 (of 5)

Meh! Marvel have sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
        Meh! Marvel have sold out.
        ...??? How so? There's a lot of awesome stuff coming out.

Comment

...??? How so? There's a lot of awesome stuff coming out.
          Is Mike Allred drawing a book, and if he is, who's writing it?

Captain America: White #1 was pretty good. I don't know about all that other stuff.
          Last edited by pulphero; 09-21-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
            Is Mike Allred drawing a book, and if he is, who's writing it?
            Why, yes! The final issue of Batman 66, written by Lee Allred.

Comment

Why, yes! The final issue of Batman 66, written by Lee Allred.
              Well, if you read the DC solicits thread, you knew I'd Allred-y () be buying that one, and possibly Art Ops, too (or might trade-wait).

I was hoping that Marvel would still have some employment for Mr. Allred after his runs on X-Force/X-Statix, FF, and Silver Surfer. He's one of those rare artists that I'll follow from project to project.

Nothing so much to do with Mike Allred's excellent cover, but the most recent issue of Batman '66 (#27) may be my favorite so far. I think I like the Batman '66 version of Bane better than any of the other versions. The story begins when Bane arrives in Gotham City for a title bout with the reigning wrestling champion, The Hangman (last seen in a 1967 issue of Detective Comics). In this one, Bane is an actual luchadore, and appropriately enough, after tracking him to his lair in Mexico, Batman leaves his final disposition to the very real-life luchadores Mil Mascaras ("Man of a Thousand Masks") and El Santo ("The Saint", aka "The Man in the Silver Mask), who appear in a brief cameo role in the story (and who were very active in the world of Mexican wrestling in 1966). I practically fell out of my chair.
              Last edited by pulphero; 09-23-2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Well, if you read the DC solicits thread, you knew I'd Allred-y () be buying that one,
                Heh-heh. That's a great pun.

Comment

Well, if you read the DC solicits thread, you knew I'd Allred-y () be buying that one, and possibly Art Ops, too (or might trade-wait).

I was hoping that Marvel would still have some employment for Mr. Allred after his runs on X-Force/X-Statix, FF, and Silver Surfer. He's one of those rare artists that I'll follow from project to project.

Nothing so much to do with Mike Allred's excellent cover, but the most recent issue of Batman '66 (#27) may be my favorite so far. I think I like the Batman '66 version of Bane better than any of the other versions. The story begins when Bane arrives in Gotham City for a title bout with the reigning wrestling champion, The Hangman (last seen in a 1967 issue of Detective Comics). In this one, Bane is an actual luchadore, and appropriately enough, after tracking him to his lair in Mexico, Batman leaves his final disposition to the very real-life luchadores Mil Mascaras ("Man of a Thousand Masks") and El Santo ("The Saint", aka "The Man in the Silver Mask), who appear in a brief cameo role in the story (and who were very active in the world of Mexican wrestling in 1966). I practically fell out of my chair.
                  Applause re pun.

I am sure they will be bringing him back to do more--his Silver Surfer run is on my "list of things to get."

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...in-moon-knight

Yay!

Comment

Good to know, I guess... but they really want to make you aware that there are no free lunches, don't they?

OMG, CBR is just out of control. The ads are eating my computer! Newsarama and a couple of the other ones aren't much better, either. At least you can skip past that stuff when you pick up a Comic Shop News, but sometimes I really get nostalgic for the good ol' days of slow news. The guy who invents the app that targets the invading ad-demons and stakes them through the heart is going to make millions, unless he just mysteriously "dies in his sleep" or something. (Most browsers' "pop-up blockers" are a joke, that only catch the few that you want to allow.) I mean, advertising is one thing, but is it really necessary to bash me over the noggin with a giant Harley Quinn-sized mallet emblazoned with the words "HA-HA! It's OUR computer NOW, sucka!!" ? That and the mouseovers buried like landmines (or raisins in a fruitcake) jumping in my face saying "I DARE you not to click on me, right NOW!!"

Sure, I know somebody's got to foot the bills. On the other hand, it doesn't make me want to hang around the site longer than the 30 seconds it takes me to find out what I wanted to know. If they insist on making my life that annoying, maybe I need to question whether my need-to-know is really that strong.
                      Last edited by pulphero; 09-26-2015, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Good to know, I guess... but they really want to make you aware that there are no free lunches, don't they?
                        Er, this is in reference to the annoying ads, I assume?

(Yes, they also vex me mightily.)

Comment

The guy who invents the app that targets the invading ad-demons and stakes them through the heart is going to make millions
                          "Buffy the pop-up-ad slayer"

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
                            "Buffy the pop-up-ad slayer"
                            Yeah, it's probably an impossible dream, though. All those browser plug-ins like Microsoft's ActiveX, Adobe's Flash and Shockwave, and Oracle Systems' Java enable those invasive ads, and putting some Go-or-No-Go checkpoint gate in there to get your permission in each instance might be just too unwieldy for practical usage.

Comment

Working...
                            X