Supergirl TV show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl TV show

Not a bad start. They gave us a few hints of what's to come and told a good story.

A couple of nice changes from the comic book.

I like her having a 'sister'. It gives her someone to talk to, and a way to explore her past on Earth.
    Bringing Jimmy, sorry James, in give us ties to Superman and a voice that has dealt with all this before.
    The friend knowing who she is gives us another view of Supergirl and a possible rival for her affection.
    The aunt being the main villain and looking like her mother can and I'm sure will, lead to some emotional moments/problems.
    Like that she's Kara. Was never sure why she used the name Linda in the comics. There was no real good reason for it.
    The little bit of red piping that's so subtle its barely visible is a nice touch as was how the costume evolved the first couple of times she wore it.
    Last edited by Ghornet2; 10-27-2015, 12:28 PM.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

They haven't shown the official pilot down here yet but I saw the internet released one months ago. I understand there was little change from unofficial pilot. My wife and I enjoyed it a lot. It was good to see such a cute and girlie super hero, most female comic book characters are usually shown as tough badass action girl types on film, not Kara. This one actually wears a skirt, like boys and pretty cloths but still fights super villains. Did they keep her boss's "I'm a girl speech" ? I hope so. I actually cheered when she said that.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    Not a bad start. They gave us a few hints of what's to come and told a good story.

A couple of nice changes from the comic book.

I like her having a 'sister'. It gives her someone to talk to, and a way to explore her past on Earth.
    Bringing Jimmy, sorry James, in give us ties to Superman and a voice that has dealt with all this before.
    The friend knowing who she is gives us another view of Supergirl and a possible rival for her affection.
    The aunt being the main villain and looking like her mother can and I'm sure will, lead to some emotional moments/problems.
    Like that she's Kara. Was never sure why she used the name Linda in the comics. There was no real good reason for it.
    The little bit of red piping that's so subtle its barely visible is a nice touch as was how the costume evolved the first couple of times she wore it.
    Last edited by ralphuniverse; 10-27-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

. . . Like that she's Kara. Was never sure why she used the name Linda in the comics. There was no real good reason for it.
      Well, back when Supergirl first appeared back in 1959, I don't know how common a name "Kara" was. Plus, if you're creating a secret identity, you want to change your name, don't you?

And I believe Kara had chosen the name "Linda Lee" herself, using her Super-hearing (or whatever the explanation was) to listen all across the country for names to consider, not realizing "Linda Lee" would make her yet another woman with the initials "LL" in Kal-El's/Clark's life.

Comment

that is correct

Comment

Just saw the first episode yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't really expected mmuch from it, but I found myself totally caught up in it from beginning to end. Jimmy Olsen being bald and black was a bit jarring, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
            Just saw the first episode yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't really expected mmuch from it, but I found myself totally caught up in it from beginning to end. Jimmy Olsen being bald and black was a bit jarring, though.
            And cool. As someone I know pointed out Jimmy is not suppose to be cool he's suppose to be a bit of a nerdy fan boy. But that slot is filled by someone else on the show.
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Nice second Episode.

Hints of a possible romance/attraction between James and Kara.
              A brewing rivalry between Kara's to male friends.
              Her sister is a nice bad ass.
              As well as a couple of nice bits that would be spoilers.

Comment

G'day ,

Yep, and I'm just loving Cat Grant. I don't know if there's a proper term for it but she is what I call a non-feminist feminist. A woman who achieves what feminist aspire too but doesn't really identify as one , she just goes ahead and does it through hard work. The actress Selma Hayek and Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop are like that. Naturally the SJWs over at Mary Sue don't like here. I hope they keep here like that.

Ralph

Nice second Episode.

Hints of a possible romance/attraction between James and Kara.
                A brewing rivalry between Kara's to male friends.
                Her sister is a nice bad ass.
                As well as a couple of nice bits that would be spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                  Yep, and I'm just loving Cat Grant.
                  I "don't like" Cat, but then again, with the hard edge and personality they gave her, I don't think we're suppose to like her.

Comment

G'day,

Cat grant is obviously based on that woman from "The Devil Wears Prada" , but unlike her, Cat is mentoring Kara.

Episode one. Lesson one - Don't be ashamed to be a girl, look at me , girl power made me successful.

Episode two. Lesson two - Start small work hard, work up.

Just how far this will go I don't know but so far I like what I see.

ta

Ralph

I "don't like" Cat, but then again, with the hard edge and personality they gave her, I don't think we're suppose to like her.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                      Naturally the SJWs over at Mary Sue don't like here. I hope they keep here like that.
                      You make it sound as if being a social justice warrior is a bad thing.

And people ask why I feel like leaving the board here.

Comment

Working...
                      X