DC Comics January 2016 solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Comics January 2016 solicitations

"Poison Ivy," "Green Lantern Corps" Debut in DC's January 2016 Solicitations
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations

I'm currently expecting to get:
    * BATGIRL #48
    * BATMAN #48
    * BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #14 - 17
    * BLACK CANARY #8
    * DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #8
    * DOCTOR FATE #8
    * GOTHAM ACADEMY #14
    * GRAYSON #16
    * POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH #1
    * SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #14
    * SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: DEADSHOT/KATANA #1
    * WE ARE ROBIN #8

Still have to wait and see:
    * CATWOMAN #48
    * ROBIN WAR #2

Comment

Definitely getting:
      BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #2
      SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #14
      ASTRO CITY #31
      Art OPS #4
      FABLES: THE WOLF AMONG US #13
      THE TWILIGHT CHILDREN #4

Things I will borrow because I can:
      DKIII #3 (if I get as far as #3; if it's no better written than DKII, I may not)
      BATMAN/TMNT #2 (assuming #1 is worthwhile)
      LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN #1 (I like the art, I think; I don't know about the story, though...)
      SWAMP THING #1 (I've never been much of a Kelley Jones fan, but it's written by Len Wein, so I'll check it out.)
      TITANS HUNT #4 (assuming I don't quit after #2 or 3; really have no idea where they're going with this, or whether there'll be any point to it)
      JUSTICE LEAGUE #48 ("The Darkseid War" has been interesting so far. I don't know where it's all going, if anywhere. Let's see if I can make it to the conclusion without losing interest. Hoping that the conclusion is more satisfying than Forever Evil. JLBatman is the only flavor of DCYou Batman that interests me at all. I guess that means that having no continuity between JL and any other DC titles right now is a good thing, from my perspective.)
      Last edited by pulphero; 11-08-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        ... Things I will borrow because I can:
        . . . SWAMP THING #1 (I've never been much of a Kelley Jones fan, but it's written by Len Wein, so I'll check it out.) . . .
        I would normally be thinking the same thing about a Len Wein-written Swamp Thing title, but his Convergence: Swamp Thing #1 was really not very good. (I didn't even bother to get the second issue of that.)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          I would normally be thinking the same thing about a Len Wein-written Swamp Thing title, but his Convergence: Swamp Thing #1 was really not very good. (I didn't even bother to get the second issue of that.)
          I read it (or I should say, both issues). I eventually wound up reading about half the Convergence tie-ins, along with the main series, basically because I could borrow them and I had the time (because I'm not reading much else from DC). The main series was one of the biggest turds in DC's history of crossover events. Total waste of time (good thing I read that one dead last, or I might not have even bothered with the others at all). Of the 20 or so tie-ins I read, about 8 were pretty decent, and another 6 passably OK (Swamp Thing was one of the latter). It didn't help that (as I said) I'm really not a fan of Kelley Jones, or of the Red Rain Batman character, who was the co-star, but they got 2 issues to do something, constrained by the requirements of crossing two unlike parallel DCU characters and making it fit the premise of captured cities battling each other for survival. Given all those constraints, a few of those (Shazam!, Crime Syndicate, Blue Beetle, World's Finest, Action Comics) turned out a damn sight better than they had any right to be. Maybe Swamp Thing might have turned out better with a different co-star (I don't know if they just assigned the characters to the writers, or if the writer had any say in it). I'm willing to give Wein another shot, although he's going to have to do the heavy lifting to warm me up to Jones' artwork.
          Last edited by pulphero; 11-09-2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X