DC Comics February 2016 solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Comics February 2016 solicitations

Neal Adams' "Superman," "Wonder Woman Earth One" & More Land in DC's February Solicits
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations

What I'm currently planning to get:
    BATGIRL #49
    BATMAN #49
    BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL #18 - 21
    BLACK CANARY #9
    DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #9
    DOCTOR FATE #9
    GOTHAM ACADEMY #15
    POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH #2
    WE ARE ROBIN #9

And possibly:
    CATWOMAN #49
    GRAYSON #17
    SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: DEADSHOT AND KATANA #2

Comment

Finally, Coming of the Superman got solicited. Time will tell if it's as crazy as Neal's Batman: Odyssey; which could be a good or bad thing depending on how ya look at it.

Kinda disappointing that it looks like Aquaman will be going back to his older look/costume; the DCYou look was pretty great. But hey, there's Mera!

Comment

Probably these. I'm sure I'll look at a few other things.

WONDER WOMAN EARTH ONE VOL. 1 HC
        JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR SPECIAL #1
        BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. #3
        WONDER WOMAN: WAR OF THE GODS TP

Things that I wonder about when looking at solicitations...

* What's with this kooky coloring book fad?

* After BATMAN ODYSSEY, they didn't learn a thing and they're still not gonna get a real writer for the Adams Superman thing?
        On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily guarantee anything either. I was kinda underwhelmed by DKIII #1, and that was going in with not-high expectations to begin with. (And what's up with the weird glued-in minicomic? Jeez, that seems dopey.) BATMAN EUROPA #1 turned out to be a better read, and that one wasn't even on my radar before someone recommended it. I was skeptical, but while I don't know that I'd call it a rave, it was a decent enough Batman story so far.

* Darwyn Cooke action figures look pretty cool, but isn't the Batman figure the same one that was part of the New Frontier DC Direct figure assortment?

* $5000 for a 36-pound, 20-inch tall bronze statue of Batman?
        Last edited by pulphero; 11-27-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH View Post
          Finally, Coming of the Superman got solicited. Time will tell if it's as crazy as Neal's Batman: Odyssey; which could be a good or bad thing depending on how ya look at it.
          I think you mean "if"... 'Could be a good or bad thing depending on IF ya look at it.'

Comment

Working...
          X