Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Land That Time Forgot

Hi,

I picked up issue #1 of The Land that time Forgot the other day. I thought it was a good first issue. Its a modern day continuation of the stories and approved by ERB inc. Anybody else here reading it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	land-time-forgot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	50074

Ralph

Yeah, I liked it. I wasn't expecting a modern take but given that, they didn't try to reboot the novel, just made it a sequel of sorts -- but then again, not exactly a sequel either... they're playing around with a time element here in a way that I don't think I can recall seeing in another story. A lot of the first issue was setup, but I'm encouraged and looking forward to #2.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I did enjoy the first issue and also glad it's a modern sequel and not a reboot. Wondering why ERB inc has their IP's spread all over the place, Dark Horse has Tarzan, Dynamite has Carter and now American Mythology has LTTF. It would be easier for fans if they can get all their ERB in one place, maybe even set up a universe like what IDW is doing with the Hasbro IP's.

Comment

G'day,

Yeah, perhaps they get higher fees this way. But I have been saying for some time they should give it to one publisher and let them create the Burroughsverse. Still think Burroughs Now! - a modern day continuation of ERB's universe would work, American Mythology seem to have taken that track.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by rasx View Post
        I did enjoy the first issue and also glad it's a modern sequel and not a reboot. Wondering why ERB inc has their IP's spread all over the place, Dark Horse has Tarzan, Dynamite has Carter and now American Mythology has LTTF. It would be easier for fans if they can get all their ERB in one place, maybe even set up a universe like what IDW is doing with the Hasbro IP's.

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
          I'm sure Dynamite would love to have Tarzan. And Dark Horse would love for them NOT to have Tarzan, so they keep it alive there just enough by putting a few new pages into Dark Horse Presents and release a reprint collection every so often, but not too often. So DE must make do with their public-domain Lord of the Jungle. None of the ERB titles is grabbing a big enough audience though, which is why no one publisher is making any effort to make a push with a whole group of ERB properties.

Comment

Working...
          X