Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rise of the Black Flame (Dark Horse / Mignolaverse)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic Rise of the Black Flame (Dark Horse / Mignolaverse)

Rise of the Black Flame (Dark Horse / Mignolaverse)

Rise of the Black Flame #1
    The bizarre origin of the BPRD’s greatest foe.

Young girls are going missing from the cities of Siam, and the trail leads to the jungle hideout of a bloodthirsty cult wielding an ancient evil power—the Cult of the Black Flame.
    Writer: Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson
    Artist: Christopher Mitten
    Colorist: Dave Stewart
    Cover Artist: Laurence Campbell
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror
    Publication Date: September 07, 2016
    Format: FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
    U.S. Cover Price: $3.99
    UPC: 7 61568 00035 1 00111
    Bought / read this yesterday and liked the first issue . . . anybody else try it?

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
    ANSWER: I couldn't get a copy of issue #2 yet, but I bought issues #3-5. (Still trying to get a physical / non-digital copy of issue #2.)
    And, by coincidence, I was FINALLY able to get copies of the two Dark Horse/Mignola books my store didn't get for me back in October: Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder: City of the Dead #3 (of 5) and Rise of the Black Flame #2 (of 5).
    Read all five issues of Witchfinder: City of the Dead yesterday and enjoyed that. Today I've read issues #1-3 of Rise of the Black Flame and I'm also enjoying that one so far.

(Also picked up the Hellboy Winter Special One-Shot for 2017 yesterday, so I'll get to that sometime after I finish with Rise of the Black Flame.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    I hadn't even heard of this. I guess it's at about issue 5 now. Did you continue with it and if so, would you recommend it?
    Well, . . .
    It just had the 5th (and final) issue released at the beginning of this month.
    * Did I continue with it? ANSWER: I couldn't get a copy of issue #2 yet, but I bought issues #3-5. (Still trying to get a physical / non-digital copy of issue #2.)
    * Would I recommend it? ANSWER: Haven't read issues #3-5 yet (still waiting to see if I can get issue #2), but I was willing to buy those other issues.

And FYI, I don't buy EVERYTHING by Mignola / in the Hellboy/Mignolaverse. I tried but gave up on some of the Abe Sapien / BPRD books that dealt with the "Hell on Earth" / post-apoca-whatever universe, but have been keeping up more with things like Lobster Johnson and Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hadn't even heard of this. I guess it's at about issue 5 now. Did you continue with it and if so, would you recommend it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X