Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH:YO!

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    Check out ebay, lots of people offer a 1 or 2 disc set of MP3s of the Radio show. There are some shows are circultating under multiple titles so be careful. There were just over 1,000 shows produced and one season of 25 repeats. There was also 2 "shows" released direct to album while the TV show was on.
    AH!! Nice!....Thanks for the info, and the links. I'm very happy to find out that there are plenty of radio shows to get through. 1,000??! That's rediculously cool. It'll add so much to my enjoyment of the character.

Originally posted by zirron View Post
    this adaptation is cool. I really am loving it.
    As am I...just read #2 today, and it was a great read. Matt Wagner kills me, when he cuts away from the action, but I enjoyed the time jumping technique more here, and I thought Britt's letter to his Dad, with the date at the top (circa 1935), was a great segue.

I can't say enough about Campbell. Pick up the Trial of Sherlock Holmes for more of his work. It's quality.

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    I picked up the other cover because MLCS got shorted and didn't receive any of the Francavilla covers
    Yeah...mine didn't either. Sooo disappointing. The Cassaday covers are good, but I really wanted Francesco's this time around, and I didn't realize they were 1-in-10 chase. Ah well.

I do like Cassaday's cover for issue three though. The words in the background of that cover are in the opening lines of the radio show. It's a great homage, and it makes my recent discovery of the shows all the sweeter.

-Pistols

Comment

Finally got a chance to read issue 2. Again it was a good balance between Green Hornet action and information about how they became the people they are. I like how in the past we get to see how Britt learned that some times words aren't enough and a look at how Kato thinks.

It looks like we're going to get the first meeting between Kato and Britt next issue. That should be very interesting.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Yay! Got the chase cover!

And this is view #1000 of this thread! More yay for me!

Comment

And this is my 100th post. God what an awesome day I'm having! Yay!

Comment

Read #2 a few minutes ago and just loved it. Raining outside, reading under lamp light...great atmosphere.

For a book that jumps several years at a time and back, I still find it easy to follow. And Campbell is a perfect artist for this book.

Has the story of why a green hornet is used as an "image" been told before, or was that new?

When all the Hornet stuff was being announced, it seemed overwhelming. Now I'll be disappointed if a week goes by without something new on the shelf. Totally hooked on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
              Has the story of why a green hornet is used as an "image" been told before, or was that new?
              I vaguely remember something about the horn getting stuck and Britt saying it sounding like a hornet and Kato remarking that the green hornet is the deadliest hornet. I’m not sure where or when I heard it so I could be wrong.
              Last edited by Ghornet2; 04-16-2010, 09:20 PM.
              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Year One Green Hornet is a very solid comic, I loved both issues and the care that Matt Wagner is using in exploring their respective backgrounds. I can't wait to see how they finally meet and establish a partnership. Smith's series is much more visceral and modern in it's approach to storytelling and it is getting better as the issues go on, however the Year One book is clearly the better of the two books.
                ________
                Yamaha cs-80
                Last edited by Mortalis1; 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Shout out to the art team!

Originally posted by Mortalis1 View Post
                  Smith's series is much more visceral and modern in it's approach to storytelling and it is getting better as the issues go on, however the Year One book is clearly the better of the two books.
                  What I like the best about Year One is the art. Campbell and Francavilla are getting used to working with each other, and the result is fantastic. The colors in issue #2 blew me away. They're bright, bold and commanding, and sorta nostalgic. GH:YO looks like nothing on the stands right now.

-TP

Comment

I'm loving Year One, I just re-read the first issue and I love how they dip inbetween Hornet and Kato's origin about leaving home and serving a greater purpose and then back into a Hornet/Kato fight versus the mob. Very well done. I'm about to sit down and read issue #2 in a little bit, I think I've been stung by the GH stinger, hopefully this is going to be more than a standard 4 issue mini...
                    Last edited by comixfan1980; 05-09-2010, 01:15 PM.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Year One

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                      I think I've been stung by the GH stinger, hopefully this is going to be more than a standard 4 issue mini...
                      I was stung back in the 60's by the TV series. I think there is a good chance that Year One will become a regular series (it seems to be very popular) or at least have an "early years" spin off.

Please, please please!!!
                      Last edited by Ghornet2; 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                        I'm about to sit down and read issue #2 in a little bit, I think I've been stung by the GH stinger, hopefully this is going to be more than a standard 4 issue mini...
                        I read somewhere that Barucci says Wagner is signed to pen 12 issues. So it looks like it's a year long maxi series...for now.

Comment

I thought I would share this with you guys ....

Aaron Campbell's original art to issue #1, page 8 of Green Hornet: Year One ... just picked this up from Aaron He rolled it and I still have to flatten it back out so that's why the shape looks a little wonky

Comment

That's awesome Crow!!

I'm so jealous!!

-TP

Comment

I feel like I have seen this somewhere before...

Comment

Thanks Pistols!

Chiclo, why the face? I am one and the same from VF ... Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X