Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fine as long as it doesn't intrude on the Dynamite thing in anyway.
    Awful art - really not much I can say about it without swearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloot View Post
      Awful art - really not much I can say about it without swearing.
      LOL The feeling is mutual.

Comment

• SPOILERS follow. Wow! This is my favorite issue so far! I think the story was well paced and the action scenes were very good. The story in the atmosphere factory was creepy and there was some foreboding to a future story with the atmosphere keeper which was very interesting. John Carter gets new threads together with a better haircut and mascarades as a red martian to infiltrate Zodanga were Dejah Thoris has been captured. Plus we get treated to some new examples of mars flora, fauna and some very cool martian war vehicles. Zodanga is in war with Hellium and since Hellium armies have been dispatched in search for its princess the city has been left vulnerable. Carter finds out Dejah Thoris has agreed to marry the Jeddak of Zodanga's son in order to stop the war and save Hellium. Now John Carter needs to figure a way to prevent this marriage, save Dejah Thoris and Hellium at the same time.

The writing and art are so good, I wish Dynamite could adapt the entire ERB John Carter material. You guys really deserve the Burroughs license.
        Last edited by JohnCarter; 06-08-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Lui Antonio

This guy is awesome! The latest issue has turned me around where I thought he was just good and I was hoping for a better artist now I can say I want Lui to stay for the long haul. Here's some of his work, I wish he would put some more shading work into John Carter like his pinups below:

Comment

• I can't believe these are drawn by the same person. What is he playing at?
            If we had quality like this on WOM we'd be in heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloot View Post
              I can't believe these are drawn by the same person. What is he playing at?
              If we had quality like this on WOM we'd be in heaven.
              He is doing his own inks which usually is not a bad thing but if the artist is playing catch up it might be. Keeping a monthly schedule is really hard.

Comment

• Some news from MTV:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/09...g-john-carter/

Comment

• My first exposure to Edgar Rice Burroughs and Barsoom was the Ace paperback "The Mastermind Of Mars," which wasn't about John Carter or any of the best known characters of the series, but was, instead, about a World War 1 soldier who came to Mars in the same way that Carter had. That one book, and I was hooked. That was almost 50 years ago, and I still can't resist anything pertaining to Burroughs or any of his works. I've read all of the magazines, TPB's and comic books that I could lay my hands on, beginning with the old Gold Key series and leading up to today. The upcoming movie is the fulfillment of a dream that I've had for almost half a century.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCarter View Post
                    This is pure visual, is not a movie so no acting ability necessary. If you would be painting the covers who would you use as models for John Carter & Dejah Thoris. I would use bodybuilder Joseph Sergo for John Carter and actress Kristin Kreuk's face with a more voluptuous body for Dejah Thoris.

I see nothing wrong with Kristin Kreuk's body exactly the way that it is. Burroughs' women ere always described as being more slender and girl-like than in any way voluptuous.

Comment

• Originally posted by white avenger View Post
                      I see nothing wrong with Kristin Kreuk's body exactly the way that it is. Burroughs' women ere always described as being more slender and girl-like than in any way voluptuous.
                      Don't get me wrong, I like Kristin Kreuk's body perfect the way it is, I just thought most fanboys would prefer a more voluptuous woman. Sadly I bet Kristin wouldn't agree to make a film were she would be almost nude for the entire two hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by white avenger View Post
                        My first exposure to Edgar Rice Burroughs and Barsoom was the Ace paperback "The Mastermind Of Mars," which wasn't about John Carter or any of the best known characters of the series, but was, instead, about a World War 1 soldier who came to Mars in the same way that Carter had. That one book, and I was hooked. That was almost 50 years ago, and I still can't resist anything pertaining to Burroughs or any of his works. I've read all of the magazines, TPB's and comic books that I could lay my hands on, beginning with the old Gold Key series and leading up to today. The upcoming movie is the fulfillment of a dream that I've had for almost half a century.
                        Weren't the Gold Key series done with a soldier, I've never read them but now you've made me want to check them out. I think the ERB website has online reprints.

Comment

• Are they not adapting all of it? The next two novels are even more interesting!

Comment

• This is sort of heartening. I've been skittish about movies made from Burroughs novels ever since "At the Earth's Core" and "The Land that Time Forgot" were made into movies in the 70's. Ugh. But this may turn out very well.

Comment

• Is that the art? It looks like Hercules or Achilles. Good way to screw things up right off the bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
                                Are they not adapting all of it? The next two novels are even more interesting!
                                Dynamite has the license for the first 5 novels and from what I understand will continue to adapt from that, once they hit that 5th novel they will continue with original content. Which I'm fine with.
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X