Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kloot View Post
    No interest in digital comics whatsoever.
    But do in useless non-sequiturs, apparently.

Comment

• And 3,4 and 5 just turned up at Comixology, so thanks!

Comment

• I suggest getting the darkhorse reprint .. . . It wil look nice on your shelf next to the warlord of mars TPB that is coming out

I recommend the marvel series . .. . not so much the JCB strips (just posted my opinions read above!)

Comment

• Official Disney Movie Site UP

Check it out, not much to see but the flash presentation and moody music gave me goosebumps. Hope this is as good as how pretentious it has been since the beginning. If so we are in for a sweet ride.

http://disney.go.com/johncarter/
          Last edited by JohnCarter; 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM. Reason: edited to add link

Comment

• Originally posted by bluetyson View Post
            But do in useless non-sequiturs, apparently.
            Ooooooooo put those claws away before you get too carried away.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluetyson View Post
              I notice there is a Warlord of Mars 3 at Graphicly, but only up to 2 at Comixology - as is Dejah Thoris.

Are more coming soon? - as Vampirella has streaked ahead of these.

Thanks,

bt
              I wish I hadn't ordered Dejah Thoris back issues at my comic shop, I prefer digital.

Comment

• I remember buying the Marvel series when it came out...and that Gil Kane did the artwork. There was a Tarzan series at about the same time and I bought them both. I didn't like the differences between the novels and the comics, so I stopped buying them, but I did enjoy thew artwork.

Comment

• Considering the Barsoomians' Victorian attitudes toward sex, don't expect much there. Costumes could be more accurate, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
                    I remember buying the Marvel series when it came out...and that Gil Kane did the artwork. There was a Tarzan series at about the same time and I bought them both. I didn't like the differences between the novels and the comics, so I stopped buying them, but I did enjoy thew artwork.
                    The hilarious thing is that . . . . even though I complain alot about contradictions and new stuff added, in my mind anything that doesn't directly contradict established lore become a kind of sub-canon

like . . . I see no reason why the cities of zeere, and marahn couldnt be part of edgars mars

if there was an mmo based on the games . . . I see no reason why these cities couldnt be included . . . . sure there is nothing supporting their presence outside the marvel comics . . . . but . . . there isnt anything saying they dont exsist XD

Comment

• Warlord of Mars 8

Issue 7 came out June 8th so its already a week past one month. Come on Dynamite, what's going on?

Comment

• A trailer is supposed to show up this Thursday in the internet. Plus a new article:

Everything You Need to Know about Disney's John Carter Movie
                        Last edited by JohnCarter; 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• LoL, compared to other comic book companies a week if nothing to frett about, some companies takes months and months to get a single book out. The new WOM is scheduled for next Wednesday I believe.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Trailer for the film

I like it, there are some flaws with it of course . . . But overall it looks good. Plays the mystery well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf55...layer_embedded

Comment

• Bleh, the woman they got to play Dejah Thoris is terrible and her outfit is nothing to write home about. Disappointed.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• I have not read any of the ERB book about John Carter, But I have become a huge fan of the comics. However, that being said, I think this movie will be a big pass for me. It does not even remotely excite me, after watching that trailer. I will stick with Conan next month!

Comment

Working...
                                X