Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That trailer was pretty mundane, but I'm guessing they're holding the fireworks off until next year. I like the mystery element, and that Burroughs is in the film. If it has half as many sword fights and air battles as the book, PLUS the love story, it'll be a hit. I'm going to reserve my nit-picking until I see the actual movie, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
      That trailer was pretty mundane, but I'm guessing they're holding the fireworks off until next year. I like the mystery element, and that Burroughs is in the film. If it has half as many sword fights and air battles as the book, PLUS the love story, it'll be a hit. I'm going to reserve my nit-picking until I see the actual movie, however.
      I am suprised how negatively the trailer is being received personally . .. its not exactly a special trailer but htere isnt really anything wrong with it. Most of the complaints from fans seem to be because they want to see Dejah Thors' breasts (making them seem like dirty old men)

and the complaints from all the kiddos is just a bunch of claims that it looks like other stuff (I have yet to see anybody claim it looks like anything written before the origina a princess of mars though, the oldest thing they are claiming it looks like is conan and that was written about twenty eight years after the first book in the mars series)

I think the composition of the trailer is not that good, but it shows off some nice stuff. The skin tone of hte reds is pretty in line with Edgar Rice Burroughs descriptions

the one Green martian we see seems to be female . . . .not enough creature action

and I find myself wishing that Carters sword was the one from the old JCB strips

Only one thing about hte lore being presented in this trailer actually makes me sigh and that is Carter saying "Where am I"

I always liked in the original books that he didnt need to be told where he was, that he just knew and was completely fine with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        LoL, compared to other comic book companies a week if nothing to frett about, some companies takes months and months to get a single book out. The new WOM is scheduled for next Wednesday I believe.
        I need my WOM fix every month, its hard having to wait 4 weeks. I know I complain but I really wish this was a weekly although my wallet would really not like it.

Comment

• Count me as one who loved the trailer. We've got a director that is a fan, he loves the material and is taking it very seriously. Hopefully this won't be the only version that gets made. This is a story out in the public domain so it makes it as available as any Brother's Grimm fairytale. This film is going to put these character in the radar of many people which is a good thing for any fan of the material.

Comment

• I've watched the trailer now about 300 times. It gets more exciting each time I see it. And check this out...in the one scene where you can tell, Dejah Thoris appears to have no navel. Imagine that.

Comment

• well, they hatch from eggs, so the navel.... actually I have no idea if ERB ever mentiones this.

but to be honest,. in that scene you can see 5 "button line tattoos" and I actually think the middle one is the navel.

but more luckily, the greens are green!
              and they apear as the tall but skinny versions, not the bulky-hulkies. i like that actually better.

The aircraft I allways imagined different. But that is that. can live with it although they are cut way too fast and hectic, display nothing of the "sailing ship grace".

the rest - well - Disney.... who expected more skin from them? and ths is not calling for T/A but this is the way ERB wrote it. He realllly stesses that part sometimes.
              Not much else to judge yet. The music is too weak and sentimental for me.

But all in all, not too bad for a first teaser! I am positive.
              Last edited by electron; 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Sadowsky? What happened to Lui Antonio?!!

I see Sadowsky credited as the artist in all future previews. I'm quite happy with Lui Antonio. Is he coming back?

Comment

• New issue comes out this Wednesday morning guys!
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Comicbookresources has got some previews too:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9271

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCarter View Post
                      Count me as one who loved the trailer. We've got a director that is a fan, he loves the material and is taking it very seriously. Hopefully this won't be the only version that gets made. This is a story out in the public domain so it makes it as available as any Brother's Grimm fairytale. This film is going to put these character in the radar of many people which is a good thing for any fan of the material.
                      I had given thought about what director I would want to see make a version of it. I ultimatly realized that for an animated version of a princess of mars I would want to see Hiyao Miyazaki make it, it has some of his favorite stuff! Airhsips and animal sidekicks, and his movies have made me cry without fail. Someone should send him a copy of POM

Ideally, I would want POM, GODs, AND WARLORD adapted into feature films.

A FIGHTING MAN adapted into a television series (live action)

Llana of gathol adapted into a cartoon series for the kids (I think this book in its format and content would survive the transfer the best)

And three animated movies based on mastermind, synthetic, and giant to be released straight to DVD with each other theatrical films

Swords would have aspects of it combined into the warlord of mars movie (replacing the final epic battle from a snowglobe in the arctic to the moon of thuria and combining the tarids with the therns)

and Skeletons mens story would be attached to the kids television series (thus bookending it with undead type creatures if you give it some thought)

That is my ideal handling of the books and the series

plus in the dead cities on murals and paintings I would include references to the non-canon works Including dynamites own colossus fighting off the chicken men of JCB's comics!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                        plus in the dead cities on murals and paintings I would include references to the non-canon works Including dynamites own colossus fighting off the chicken men of JCB's comics!
                        LOL, I like this idea.

Comment

• Marvel/Disney is releasing a prequel by Peter David & Loke Ross. The style of Luke Ross looks to be more in line with what I like so I might check this one out:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=33351

If Marvel wise up and put somebody like Ariel Olivetti behind the other project for artwork then I'm in for that one too.

Comment

• comic series . . . . THEY JUST KEEP COMING

WHY WONT THEY STOP

I feel like I am drowning

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
                              And yes, this is America...everything is a sales tactic.
                              At least they're not doing gold foil/hologram covers yet. That would be REALLY offensive.

Comment

• Ha ha! Feast or famine...I recon if the movie bombs, the comics will dry up quickly. Come on movie...please be good....

Comment

Working...
                                X