Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd buy it, specially if it had some sweet painted interiors like from many of the talent that has been working on the covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCarter View Post
      On the art chores, I see that Sadowsky is listed as the artist in the following stories, what happened to Lui Antonio? I've honestly come to love Lui Antonio's artwork. In my opinion Sadowsky needs a strong inker.

Any chance of other artists lending a hand or for an annual maybe? I'd like to see Simon Bisley, Ariel Olivetti, Joe Jusko, Cary Nord & Richard Corben.
      I believe Steve is doing issues 10 12, which are an original bridge by moi, settling the mystery of who killed the Caretaker of the Atmosphere Factory. Dunno about after that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
        Overall in these series more has been added than subtracted

EDIT: AND after a bit of searching Ican tell you that a martian "year" (one revolution around the sun) is an "Ord"
        Glad you feel that way. I think I remember reading about an "ord" in one of the novels; which was it? It's not the first five, to my knowledge...

Comment

• Do you plan to follow the chronology of the novels? Also any chance of John Carter joining Dejah Thoris on her title once the current pre-Carter story is over?

Comment

• I'll give Marvel's book a try too just to see if it's good. I have a personal vendetta against Marvel at the moment so it'll hurt to give them my money, but it will be fun to see the differences between the two series. I have the weird feeling like the art in Marvel's series will turn me off though, everything I've seen of it has been sub-par.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
              I have the weird feeling like the art in Marvel's series will turn me off though, everything I've seen of it has been sub-par.
              I feel the same. My wallet will be happy though so I hope they keep this trend, my money is going with Dynamite. Now if Dynamite would start going digital and coming out at the same time as the newstand issues I'd be in heaven. I've become fond of reading comics in my android tablet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arvid Nelson View Post
                Glad you feel that way. I think I remember reading about an "ord" in one of the novels; which was it? It's not the first five, to my knowledge...
                I am not sure . . .. I am currently in the process of re-reading the books

I think it is in the first five books . . . . year length becomes an important plot point at the end of gods of mars

I am not sure though

Comment

• back on topic about the comic

reading it . . .. it hurt . . . .it reeally hurt when I say fliers in use by the ancient orovar

they are clearly operating under the assumption that ancient equals more advanced like it does in all science fiction . . ..

It is a clear and definitive fact, the red martians created the first air ships

900 years before the events of a princess of mars

this is stated very clearly in a princess of mars, this isnt a vague fact like most of the stuff I complain about

they spend two pages I think explaining airships and their history

but

the personal flier looks somewhat like a plane . . . . and hte larger look like dirigibles

so . . . . I accept it

Comment

• Things you would like too see

I am starting this thread so people can post stuff that they would like too see in the warlord of mars series . . . . I shall start I suppose

I want too see more creatures! I want dynamite comics to make original creatures to inhabit barsoom . . . . I know it seems odd . . . . but it is AWESOME when authors create new stuff like that

New cities in the series . . . I love the marvel series additions to the planet barsoom . . .. .

OH . . . .perhaps collaborating with other people who do similiar things . . . . there is an anthology book coming out called "The new adventures of barsoom" and I think it would be cool if dynamite could contact the people who wrote it and maybe integrate some characters or something . . . . MAybe even contact dark horse and ask about including cities or creatures from the marvel and weird worlds series .. . . I dont know . .. I think it would be cool

Okay . . . .specifically in fall of barsoom . . . I would love too see the lotharians in some capacity . . . .a really cool detail would be if their flag had a BANTH on it

Something from chessmen would be cool . . . seeing peoples playing Jetan . . . or the conflict between the yellows and the blacks that inspired the game!

Maybe in Dejah Thoris . . . .or warlord prime (from now on I am calling the main series warlord prime :P) a merchant selling rykors . . . .sure it doesnt make sense . . . . but livestock of such an exotic form being sold would definitly raise a few questions amongst readers and would be a great foreshadowing

Depending on how long warlord goes on . . . . it would probably end . . . . . . . . when the book warlord ends

but I would like too see two more spinoffs after warlord prime ends, "warlord of mars : The Daughter" and "Warlord of Mars : The Son"

and please keep dejah thoris and fall of barsoom going forever ^ _ ^ I love both of thesse books far more than I love warlord prime.

Also . .. I would like to see on the black martians . .. . jewelry and armlets and such modeled after snakes! Because they live in the only area of barsoom known to have snakes!

Comment

• Is it not true that prior to the events of Gods of Mars that everyone THOUGHT they were from Thuria? And Dejah Thoris takes place before those events.

Comment

• Don't you guys have "A Guide to Barsoom"? Written by super anal retentive person John Flint Roy in 1976? I will quote from there:

10 zodes = 1 padan (day)
                        67 padans = 1 teean (month)
                        10 teeans = 1 ord (year)

These Barsoomian terms - "padan," "teean," and "ord" - are not used in any of the eleven tales but do appear on Burroughs' worksheet "Characters, etc in GODS OF MARS."

Comment

• Mr. Nelson, thanks for putting out such a wonderful rendering of Burroughs' work. Just awesome! I really can't tell you how glad I am that your product has turned out so well. I AM one of those guys who's read these stories a few times since the 70's, and I hope you don't mind a little nit-picking here and there amongst the praise.

I read the preview for issue number 8, and I felt that the reaction John Carter had to finding out that Dejah Thoris would wed Sab Than was a bit harsh. In the book, he was just glad to have found her and be able to be in her service again. I think his reaction should have been more bewilderment and disappointment, rather than anger - more in keeping with the Gentleman from Virginia motif. What are your thoughts on this?

Comment

• "Uncouth Monstrosities"

Comment

• Yes, because he doesn't know any of the customs. He doesn't get angry in that situation, however. It's just a blip on the radar, considering the overall quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
                                Don't you guys have "A Guide to Barsoom"? Written by super anal retentive person John Flint Roy in 1976? I will quote from there:

10 zodes = 1 padan (day)
                                67 padans = 1 teean (month)
                                10 teeans = 1 ord (year)

These Barsoomian terms - "padan," "teean," and "ord" - are not used in any of the eleven tales but do appear on Burroughs' worksheet "Characters, etc in GODS OF MARS."
                                I could swear I heard ord and padan used in the boks, if not in the main body text then in the notes that are occassionally scattered about by ERB in the books

and I have never ever heard the term teean and I am far more anal and retentative than john roy flint ever was :P

Comment

Working...
                                X