Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dejah Thoris announced

Hey guys,

a great idea! This sounds amazing and as a JCoM admirer I will definitely have a look at this series when it comes out.
    I really like the idea of exploring the Martian past... I have read the books numerous times but Dejahs age escapes me... did Burroughs acually mention it? It's like that with the age of Ladies... and the timeless ones especially, don't mention it.

Comment

Warlord of Mars - Dejah Thoris

A more complete look at this new series from Dynamite can be found at the following link:

http://www.comicbookbin.com/comicnews977.html

There will be 5 covers for the first issue and it premieres March 2011.

Comment

I'm so looking fpoward 2 this series......as long as they arent putting Dejah in black leather

Comment

Originally posted by MandyOToole View Post
          ......as long as they arent putting Dejah in black leather
          Mandy, the covers do look promising to me in that regard!
          but that could be said for the Vampi covers too I guess.... hope is alive though.
          my favs are #1 (L O V E it, this captures Burroughs), 2 (just awsome, she couldn't care less - about anything), 5 (very royal!).
          3 is ... so not my type, 4 is not Dejah, way too mangaesque for my taste.

I am happy to see the old school fans of Burroughs out here.

Comment

I totally agree about the Joe Jusko cover!!! By far my favorite!!!! My father used 2 read the burroughs books 2 me as a child!!!! They hold such a special place in my heart!!!!!

Comment

John Carter: Please get Richard Corben!!!

While the man is alive, one of the artists that have illustrated the actual novels and a comic book legend that is still producing awesome work (He last did Conan for Dark Horse).

Pleeease get Mr. Corben to draw at least one arc!!!

Last edited by JohnCarter; 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM. Reason: Add images

Comment

Warlord of Mars - Dejah Thoris

Look for Issue #1 in your local comic shop on 3/9/2011. Diamond distributors "shipping updates" section reports DE moved the date up from its original 3/30/2011 date. Way to go DE!! Also, see the cover artwork for issue #3 posted recently on the DE site.

Comment

Publisher

Thank you Wardog! We try.

Comment

I just got this in the mail today and it was very, VERY good, and damn that cover is something else! Seriosly, this Warlord of Mars franchise is really quite good and I'm going to encourage more poeple to give it a try!
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Am I the only one who wants to see Corben drawing John Carter?

Comment

Warlord of Mars #5 - discussion *spoilers*

Read this last night and the title is one I really enjoy. The title should have it's own forum, imo. Where are people discussing the other issues, am I in the right forum?

Anyway, I really enojoyed the interaction between John and Dejah this issue. It's quite apparent the attraction is there. Like John I too am unclear on what the imporance of her calling him "my chieftan" means but I can infer what it might mean.

How does a green skinned Martian of that size not have a last name already? He's really failed to kill anyone and take their name? I had to do a double take at the picture when it shows John stabbed straight through. What kind of medicine do they have? A run through of that nature should've killed him in seconds. A sword that big!!!

Looking forward to next issue.

PS-for what it's worth a number of people on other boards are also talking up DE books!!!

Comment

Warlord of Mars #5 - Jusko Cover art

Joe outdoes himself in issue #4 of the Dejah Thoris sequel with an exceptional cover!

Last edited by WarDog; 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Warlord of Mars #9 discussion

Another great cover coming to us from Joe in issue #9

Comment

I'm loving Joe's covers but my absolute favorite covers going today would be anything J. Scott Campbell does with Vampirella and/or Dejah, they are absolutely stunning!
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Yeah Joe's covers are awesome, I am so glad that DE has picked him up for their cover art. I grew up on his covers on the SSOC comics. His work get better and better everytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X