Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by positronic View Post

Originally published in 1996, now out of print, but well worth seeking out. There was also a trading card set done around the same time which tied in with most of the same images.

Happy hunting on amazon.com and eBay!
    I know what you mean...I pull that book out any time I read a Burroughs novel. Very true to the stories, and not just for the Barsoom books.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloot View Post
      I realise this, and I wasn't complaining at all.
      I love each and every issue, my point was after years of finally convincing my wife that comics don't sexulaise women - I am having difficulty with this one.

I'll persivere though, I ma getting this book through to the end.

Jusko and Renaud covers rule.
      You might try telling her that women's sexuality has been suppressed for centuries in order to keep them powerless in a male dominated society. This is still quite fashionable in the Middle East.

Comment

My favorite thread (obviously)!

Comment

Warlord of Mars: Fall of Barsoom

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=31909

Here you go, fellow Warlord of Mars fans!
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

This should be awsome! can't wait for it, thanks for the Jusko cover as well.

Comment

Jusko's covers really have been a huge selling point of the whole Warlord of Mars project, he seems to have a very strong following amung coming book fans and I think he and J. Scott Campbell both have added to the success of this line through their amazing depictions of the characters on the books covers.

Just awesome!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Dejah Thoris #2

Just got this issue in the mail the other day and I finally got around to reading it today, so far it's been a fun read with relatively good art and a fun presence to it, check it out when it hits stands on Wednesday morning! One thing about this issue that's apparent, the artist sure does love drawing butt shots, lol. Not that I find that to be an issue or anything, it's just the way the cookie crumbles when your main character wears a thong.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Kloot View Post
                  after years of finally convincing my wife that comics don't sexulaise women
                  oh, and how did you achieve that?

Mine approved Dejah's looks as "convincing" - for a martian princess that is, kinda. The boobs can be explained by lesser gravity I guess. ... my wifes words.

Comment

[QUOTE=electron;19716]oh, and how did you achieve that?

Easy, collect and read comics, but don't openly talk about them that much. I might get the odd remark about the covers but that's all.
                    My wife did read Ghost by Dark Horse but generally prefers books which suits me.

Comment

I love Warlord of Mars, but three books???? I would dearly love to get this but my comic spending budget is maxed out - I cannot afford to be buying anymore books.

However - if Queen Sonja finishes with issue 20 like I hope it will, maybe there might be room for this book.

Comment

Issue one wasn't a fluke - issue two was great.

Comment

DE Cover art!

Cover art is one reason that 15 of 20 titles I buy each month are DE titles. I also noted that DE is adding Wagner Reis as a cover artist for Red Sonja beginning with issue #61.

I saw the cover art in the May 2011 Preview guide today. It is one of the finest DE covers I have ever seen! I hope to see more of Wagner Reis in the future! Way to go DE!!

Comment

I read THoris #1 and #2 and enjoyed both but the art was a bit "meh" for me since it wasn't really detailed very good and the faces looked off, other than that I liked it alot. Good plot and all.

Comment

Dejah Thoris #3

This issue is due out next week!

Comment

I'm guessing John Carter enhanced physiology due to the superstrength in Mars atmosphere might have contributed to his salvation. Otherwise can't think why the martian who looked like a hulk wasn't saved too. I'm re-reading the first novel and it tells how the martians are weaker and that on earth they might not be able to even carry their own weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X