Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Brits will just have to read the electronic version. Some people prefer that anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
      You Brits will just have to read the electronic version. Some people prefer that anyway.
      Or they could get them as back issues overseas. I would not put up with having to get the electronic version, myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
        You Brits will just have to read the electronic version. Some people prefer that anyway.
        I'm a collector as well as a reader. I have no interest in digital comics and would never buy one; you're not actually ending up with a physical product you can own. Why should we be unable to buy the books? It's bad enough that most of us here in the UK can't buy IDW's Doctor Who titles, books actually based on a British TV property, due to licensing restrictions!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          Or they could get them as back issues overseas. I would not put up with having to get the electronic version, myself.
          The only problem with that is the huge shipping cost when buying books direct from the US. It costs about four times what it would if buying from a European country.

Comment

• Who is your favorite cover artist of Dynamite's Warlord magazines?

Kaor,

With all the artists and variant covers...which is your favorite? This is an opinion question, there is no right answer.
            Mine is Joe Jusko. I love the way he draws Dejah Thoris! They remind me of the old "Creepy" and "Eerie" covers. Love the artwork.

My next favorite is Ale Garza. I find his arwork to be more comic book style, but I really enjoy his facial expressions...almost playful.

Comment

• Tony, you need to make international friends. Find someone willing to trade US books (and other stuff) you can't get in England (or wherever) for UK titles that are hard to find over here. This system works well enough for fans of American comics/TV shows living in Japan to trade with manga/anime/tokusatsu fans in the US. Sometimes the biggest problem for someone an ocean away is not knowing about all the cool stuff that is available over there (same with you not knowing about stuff we may consider common as dirt), but since you already know what you want, you just need to find someone who needs something from you. So, step one, identify stuff available to you that may not be available (at least easily) to Americans -- hint, this works even better when it comes to currently out-of-print stuff. Then try to figure out what Americans might want. You might be surprised. You don't export as much entertainment stuff as we Americans do, so you probably have the home field advantage, as it were. The exchange rate is a hurdle you'll have to overcome, but it can be done.

Like, I'd be willing to work out a deal to mail stuff to someone in the UK in exchange for getting some crazy Gerry Anderson gear that's hard to get here. Just an example. One thing that kinda sucks is that we don't use the same video standards (NTSC in the US vs. PAL in UK), even if you have a region-free DVD player. Not a problem with printed material though, since we both read English. Doesn't have to be a straight trade, or same-for-same deal either. Just find something someone an ocean away wants and can't get easily.
              Last edited by positronic; 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• That's actually not a bad idea! Though I'm still hoping the ERB problem can be resolved without UK based fans losing out...

Comment

• Next Warlord of Mars crossover.. ?

Found this on the interwebs and just had to share...

Click image for larger version

Name:	jqro5z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	48554

Sweet. Wish I'd thought of it. Isn't Photoshop fun?
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• What do you mean there's no right answer? Of course there is! It's Joe Jusko!!!

Comment

• dude realy? I have started foums, and asked this question two times now on this forum and NO ONE put anything on them. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am starting to think my post are getting deleted after they are posted! DE ADMIN! anyway now that is out of my system, Yes Joe Jusko's covers are by far the best of the Warlord of Mars series, while I like Lucio Parillio's as well I think Joe's style make me feel better about the subject. yeah Garza's stuff is pretty good too. ADMIN I AM WATHCING YOU!

Comment

• I guess I'll answer, since Comichero did not start this thread. Joe Jusko is my favorite.

On a different note...movie in 4 days....

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                          Tony, you need to make international friends. Find someone willing to trade US books (and other stuff) you can't get in England (or wherever) for UK titles that are hard to find over here. This system works well enough for fans of American comics/TV shows living in Japan to trade with manga/anime/tokusatsu fans in the US. Sometimes the biggest problem for someone an ocean away is not knowing about all the cool stuff that is available over there (same with you not knowing about stuff we may consider common as dirt), but since you already know what you want, you just need to find someone who needs something from you. So, step one, identify stuff available to you that may not be available (at least easily) to Americans -- hint, this works even better when it comes to currently out-of-print stuff. Then try to figure out what Americans might want. You might be surprised. You don't export as much entertainment stuff as we Americans do, so you probably have the home field advantage, as it were. The exchange rate is a hurdle you'll have to overcome, but it can be done.

Like, I'd be willing to work out a deal to mail stuff to someone in the UK in exchange for getting some crazy Gerry Anderson gear that's hard to get here. Just an example. One thing that kinda sucks is that we don't use the same video standards (NTSC in the US vs. PAL in UK), even if you have a region-free DVD player. Not a problem with printed material though, since we both read English. Doesn't have to be a straight trade, or same-for-same deal either. Just find something someone an ocean away wants and can't get easily.
                          I have noticed that Hollywood tends to steal many good British television ideas, then rebroadcast them as US inventions. Blu-ray is not subject to the old NTSC/PAL limitations, by the way, since the resolution exceeds both of the old formats. Region codes still apply, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                            I quite understand! Clearly you haven't had to lug several thousand of those things from duty station to duty station. I eventually gave most of mine away.

Comment

• Excellent job! I like it so much, I'm going to send it to the Burroughs Estate, giving you full credit of course! Ha ha!

Comment

• That's it a Vote against!

Originally posted by transversal View Post
                                I guess I'll answer, since Comichero did not start this thread. Joe Jusko is my favorite.

On a different note...movie in 4 days....

LOL!

Waiting with an egnimatic smile on my face and my sword arm ready!

Comment

Working...
                                X