Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've seen the film too. Much better than I expected, and I hope there is a sequel made.

Comment

• I saw the film again, and I've decided the plot isn't overly complex (I saw it with my 14 year old son, who really liked it). I suppose my initial reaction was to how they changed the Therns. I liked the movie even more the second time, and I recommend a second viewing for everyone! That's the best way to get a sequel made,which I really hope happens. The theater was more full when I saw it on the second weekend than it was on the first. Hopefully, this is a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
        I saw the film again, and I've decided the plot isn't overly complex (I saw it with my 14 year old son, who really liked it). I suppose my initial reaction was to how they changed the Therns. I liked the movie even more the second time, and I recommend a second viewing for everyone! That's the best way to get a sequel made,which I really hope happens. The theater was more full when I saw it on the second weekend than it was on the first. Hopefully, this is a trend.
        the therns, mother of god . . .

I really liked the novelization though, because it includes princess of mars . . . and it plays out like there is a narrative. That edgar intentionally hid the information regarding the therns when he wrote the book to protect himself.

it works REALLY well the novelization

I didnt like how the therns were different, but Mark Strong totally nailed the attitude!

that was a major vibe I got from the movie, everything was . . . off . . .but everyone was acting appropriatly

I mean . . . John Carter never had a family in the books, but I would expect him to be that way if his family died . . .

Tars Tarkas . . . . was soooo perfect!

Everything felt off, but it didnt feel wrong!

Comment

• As I predicted, the movie was/is a flop in the box office. I kind of feel bad since it's a film aimed at boys instead of a film aimed at girl from Disney and it would have been nice to see it succeed. But I saw this coming and it looks as if it won't earn back it's money domestically, it may still do so world wide though.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            But I saw this coming and it looks as if it won't earn back it's money domestically, it may still do so world wide though.
            I doubt it. Much as I personally like John Carter, he doesn't have the audience pulling power of Tarzan; he's virtually unknown to the general public worldwide.

Comment

• Still hoping someone from Dynamite can tell us when this series is set! Please?

Comment

• Warriors of Mars 2

I havent picked up the issue yet, but DYNAMITE comics TOOK MY ADVICE

AGAIN!!!! XD (I feel like I am practically writing the series XD)

http://www.dynamite.net/previews/C72...orsMars021.jpg

AWESOME

as I previously mentioned, the locations of the book Gullivar of Mars best fit the barsoomian location called "the valley of the lost souls" not just in terms of environment.

You see, the valley of the lost souls (this is a real location in the books) is between the otz mountains, and the valley door.

It has water, it has populations of green and red (which could lead to the thithers existence) it has therns, which explains the superstition of ghosts amongst the thithers, and it is near the valley dor, thus carnivorous plants!

DYNAMITE COMICS, YOU GUYS ROCK SOOOOOOO MUCH

you actually listened to what I had to say about the Thithers homeland on barsoom!!!

TAKE MY MONEY, ALL OF IT XD

YOU DESERVE IT

and thank you for listening .. .just . . .thanks

Comment

• Box office returns available here:

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pag...rterofmars.htm

As of today, world-wide grosses are over 235 million dollars. I'd say it needs another 100 mil for Disney to start earning money. I'm betting once the DVD comes out, it'll be a very popular rental; in any case, I'd say it's out of the "flop" region.

Comment

• what is XD?

PS: I'm sure the check is in the mail
                    Last edited by positronic; 03-29-2012, 07:21 AM.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                      what is XD?

PS: I'm sure the check is in the mail
                      it is an emoticon, a huge smile and eyes closed . . . . I think it is somewhere between a jolly laugh and a squee

Comment

• You know they have these, right? Maybe it's the font, I'm having trouble seeing it.
                        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• In hopes that dynamtie will further follow my advice I will now post my map that I created following my reading of Gullivar of Mars.

This is based on the original book, and it follows your guys' comic quite nicely

So I present my map of where I think Gullivar landed if he landed on barsoom, the valley of the lost souls, between the otz mountains, and the golden cliffs. A little explored region created by Edgar Rice Burroughs that fits the setting of Gullivars mars so perfectly it is uncanny!

< EDIT > PLEASE CHECK BELOW POST FOR UPDATED MAP <EDIT>
                          Last edited by Ralok; 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• GOD I LOVE YOU DYNAMITE

I finally got my hands on a copy of issue 2 GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS

wonderful issue!

I am disappointing at how fast you guys burned through gullivar, but I am also surprised at how well you guys did it! I am dissapointed that you cut out Gullivars relationship with "The Woodsman" who was a thither friend of Gullivar, but there are still three more issues soooo maybe the woodsman will make an appearance

Most notably in the book the woodsman saved Gullivar from a carnivorous plant, I assume that in a future issue that the woodsman will make an appearence saving Gullivar from a plant-man (whose presence in the valley of the lost souls would make perfect sence )

I just . .. I so badly want this to not be a 5 issue series XD I want it to continue, showing the adventures of Gullivar and The Woodsman in the valley of the lost souls, exploring this lost corner of barsoom

Comment

• Declining Quality of Interior Art

OK, I know I got spoiled with Jonathan Lau's art in the first issues of Green Hornet. He was awesome. Crisp, clean, even edgy illustrations. Vitorino took over. He has been uneven. Sometimes really good (see #22) and sometimes not. But what is up with this new guy Ronan Cliquet? He is AWFUL. He has done a couple of issues and the art is horrible. Take a look at #23. Britt looks more like an Asian than Mulan, who now has a rounded, chubby face. Detective Chrittendon now looks like Dennis Franz from Hill Street Blues or Sgt Cortez from Kirby Genesis. Lau's interpretation of Chrittendon seemed to fit the character (a weasely cop who plays both sides of the law) rather than the Cliquet's cigar smoking version who looks like he just got out of the donut shop. In general, the faces look like balloons with puffy features.

And what about the color? I know Cliquet does not do that, but in #23, Mulan had blonde hair (in the last page) and green eyes!!! I thought she was Kato's daughter?

Let me say Ande Parks' writing has been strong and I enjoy his story lines. He has kept up the high standard set by Kevin Smith. Keep it up, Ande!! But the poor art really takes away from the story.

PLEASE, no more Cliquet. I would really enjoy Lau coming back, but somehow I dont think that is in the cards. Let Vitorino mature in the position or get someone else. But please, clean up the art. The Green Hornet is a serious story that needs the clean, edgy illustration that Lau started. I think the art in Lord of the Jungle is great. Can we get that guy?

Comment

• I am not hard core Tarzan fan, but really like this title. I sense a complex story line being woven. I think we are in for much more depth and sophistication than we have seen in any incarnation of Tarzan (short of the original). The story is edgy and the art is striking. It has only been 2 issues, but I am really liking this title. Cant wait to see #3.

Anybody find it strange that they are already scheduling an Annual?

Comment

Working...
                                X