Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the June 2012 solicitations for Dynamite are out, and it looks like Ronan Cliquet is indeed the artist on GREEN HORNET #29, so he may in fact be the new ongoing artist on the series.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Lord of the Jungle #3

So, how about that ending? LoL, looks to me like Tarzan needs to learn some manors and the in's/out's of how to treat a woman

Great issue though, it was a fun one!
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• I've been enjoying this series quite a bit, which is funny because I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be my thing and that it wouldn't be very good......boy was I wrong.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Comment

• read it and feel as if his actions were basically his animal instincts, it was funny how the issue ended though.

is it me or does the art get better with every passing issue almost as if the artist is coming into his own right before our eyes?

Comment

• Great book, never in a kabillion years did I ever think Tarzan would make for a good comic book but I was severely wrong! Jane is such a hottie and Tarzan is a mega badass, he just tears through these animals like a hot knife through warm butter, and the art.......it's great! Arvid Nelson is a great scribe, thank you so much sir for introducing me to Tarzan and making me believe in these characters when there was a time I once scoffed at them.

Comment

• I've read the story so many times in both the original ERB novel and numerous comic adaptations. Have to admit that of all of them, DE's version does have some distinct differences from all earlier versions. Not sure if this is just DE trying to avoid legal action by doing a version that is "just different enough" from TARZAN OF THE APES (even though the book is in public domain).

I continue to read, but still haven't made up my mind about how I feel about the series yet. Still better than any of the Tarzan movies, I guess.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• I've never read any of the original source material (not interested) but I'm glad that Dynamite is shaking things up a bit and making it slightly different than what has come before, I wouldn't want a carbon copy and I'm sure it gives old fans a reason to check it out and new fans a feeling of not having to go back and read old stuff. Great choice, in my opinion.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

• These are the best Tarzan comics I have ever read. Jane looks great and not dull like other versions.
                  Comic2read

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReader View Post
                    Jane is such a hottie and Tarzan is a mega badass
                    Or the other way around, at least re Tarzan. Woof!!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                      I've never read any of the original source material (not interested) but I'm glad that Dynamite is shaking things up a bit and making it slightly different than what has come before, I wouldn't want a carbon copy and I'm sure it gives old fans a reason to check it out and new fans a feeling of not having to go back and read old stuff. Great choice, in my opinion.
                      Well, us Crotchety Old Fart Fans (*COFF*) are set in our ways. Sometimes takes us a while to warm up to these newfangled doodads. Not putting it down, just sayin'.

That said, sign me up for a Jane of the Jungle spinoff. Voluptuous heroines in animal skin bikinis? Yes please!

Comment

• I really like Vitorino's art, I liked Lau's a tad bit more but I'm not mourning over his loss or anything and I think Igor's art is more than sufficient for this title. Not every artist is perfect and even the best have their faults, when Vitorino does something a big off I just shrug it off because I've seen that kind of stuff from every up and comer all the way to legends like Jim Lee and George Perez.

Comment

• Positornic, I noted the same thing with Cliquet getting credit for #29. I know in some of the past solicitations, Vitorino was given credit and then it turned out that Cliquet did the art. I hope Victorino is actually the main artist and Cliquet is just filling in to keep production up. If not, I hope Cliquet reads the comments from this forum and tightens up his style. We will see.

Comment

• A Warlord of Mars blog I wrote.

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com/...d-of-mars.html

I wrote this a while back, I figured I'd share it with you all.

Enjoy.

Comment

• Like with many, this is my first foray into Tarzan as well and it's a pleasant one to say the least, especially since the story and the interior art has been really quite good and represents Tarzan quite well. Like with others here, I find Jane to be an absolute bombshell and I can't wait to see more of her in skimpy little clothing in the near future, hehe, I guess there is a perve in all of us....

Comment

• WARLORD OF MARS trading cards!

Just found out about this, and had to share the news. Haven't been much of a collector of trading cards myself in 15 years or more, but for this I'll make an exception!

http://www.digitalheroes.com/Warlord...arlord+of+Mars

Click image for larger version

Name:	SellSheet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	48593Click image for larger version

Name:	WoM trading cards 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	48594

Oh yeah, and you can still get the Project Superpowers Trading Cards from the same company:
                                http://www.digitalheroes.com/ProjectSuperpowers/default.asp?itemName=Project+Superpowers
                                Last edited by positronic; 04-27-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X