Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARRIORS OF MARS ISSUE #3 IS FINAAAALLLYYYYY HERE

GREAT ISSUE, I love that dynamite didnt resort to the typical crossover cliche of the two heroes fighting

And next issue they finally enter the valley of the lost souls

Comment

• Going to Saturn

WARLORD OF MARS IS GOING TO SATURN!

In Dejah Thoris issue 18, DEJAH THORIS GOES TO SATURN

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018405401811

and could these saturnians be the mysterious invaders from warlord of mars number 5?

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018677500511

Burroughs never mentioned saturn in his works! We dont know what the barsoomians would call the world! Darsoom? Grasoom? Zasoom? Marsoom? Fisoom?

And I wonder what the native saturnians call their world, in the official barsoom books Jupiter had a landscape resembling that of hell . . . and a general hellish theme, perhaps saturn has an ANGELIC THEME!

I cant wait too see

I suggest dynamite comics let fans vote on the BARSOOMIAN name for saturn, (but not for hte native saturnians name for their world)

remember dynamite, each world needs TWO NAMES, one given by the inhabitants of barsoom, and one the natives of the world have for their planet.

DONT BE AFRAID TO GO TO OTHER PLACES

here is a list of candidates in the solar system for stories to take place on

Io, callisto, europa, titan, triton, ganyemede, pluto, eris, ceres, mercury

AND LET US NOT FORGET, MARS' SECOND MOON DEIMOS (Known to barsoom as CLUROS)

WHICH, I might add . . . has been basically confirmed as having its own native peoples in the books! LIKEWISE WITH MERCURY, WHICH IS ALSO SAID TO HAVE ITS OWN PEOPLES!

just dont go to venus, those burroughs books are not in the public domain :P

Comment

• gah, just do me a favor and railroad through the current story-arch . . . and get to saturn XD

Comment

• HERE IS AN IDEA

let us vote on what the native saturnians look like too

have the artist draw them as basic mannequin-esque humanoids . . . let us votre on how they will look show 3-4 variations and have your fans vote

Comment

• Warlord of Mars #19 artwork--WOW!!! FINALLY!!

I think I've been very vocal in this forums about my dislike of Warlord of Mars artwork since Lui Antonio left. Honestly I've always thought the comic book with the best art from the Mars line has been Dejah Thoris. Perhaps until now...just when I was about to give up on Warlord of Mars I see these previews http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12834 Finally something to get excited about!! I think I like this guy's style even more than Lui Antonio. Please now that we have this level of quality lets keep it for a long time, chain this guy to a chair and don't let him leave.

Comment

• they seem to have a hard time keeping skin-tones consistent between these books

Carthoris looks waaaay too white

but the art is very sharp, I love the lore consistancy . . . once again portraying First Born dwarfs riding creatures . . . as well as First Born supremacy over the plant-men being consistantly portrayed in these books . . .

and yeah, the art is definitly better than the lat guy they had on warlord prime . . . that guy was annoying

Comment

• Thanks for this post about the upcoming artwork, Very excited about this!

Comment

• Interesting new book on ERB copyrights

For anyone who's ever wanted to write an ERB pastiche, or set themselves up in self-publishing print-on-demand public domain works, this new book should be of interest. Click on the picture for a link to order. Jerry L. Schneider is the owner/publisher of ERBville Press and Pulpville Press, and specializes in reprinting public domain works. It would appear he's done his research on copyrights and public domain, and knows whereof he writes. Dynamite's lawyers might want to get a copy of this book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ERBCopyrightsCover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	48617
                  Last edited by positronic; 07-06-2012, 06:30 AM.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• okay . . . . appearently the people of saturn are vampires . . . huh?

and vampires capable of infecting other people . . . huh? does that mean there is a race that they infect there though?

this is confuving

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                      okay . . . . appearently the people of saturn are vampires . . . huh?
                      And their own name for their world is "Draculon," which means...

(joke)

Comment

• So what's the gist of it? Does it make Dynamite's position weaker or (hopefully) stronger?

Comment

• I don't have a copy of the book yet, but I assume it's simply documentation of the facts on record. I suspect the real battle for DE vs ERB will be one of trademarks, not copyrights. Not being a lawyer, I wouldn't care to speculate on who's right or wrong. It all comes down to the use of specific words or phrases used to sell products.
                          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                              It's too bad ERB's "Skeleton Men of Jupiter" is still under copyright; I'd have loved to see Dynamite finish that story, which was intended as the first of a quartet of stories that would eventually be collected as a book. Great beginning, but it leaves you hanging.
                              yeah but at the same time, the "ending" is not bad, he has a space ship, and is 10 feet away from Dejah thoris .. .

so we know that things are going to turn out alright

I would like to see dynamite go through all the unexplored worlds of Burroughs universe

particularly the further moon, and pluto . . .

they can base their plutonians on the pre-burroughs mars book "journey to mars" also in the public domain

Comment

• Carthoris X Linea

whhhhhhhhhhy . . . . why is this being set up this love interest????

wwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?

was "Thuvia, Maid of Mars" not read? or even the ending of warlord of mars? He falls in love with Thuvia??? Do they know that Thuvia Maid of Mars is also public domain???

it can be called "son of warlord of mars" make it ongoing, about Carthoris and Thuvia . . .

Setting up this first-born woman as a love interest seems sooooo pointless.
                                Last edited by Ralok; 07-10-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X