Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aha! Thank you! I am very far behind on the ongoing Dejah Thoris series but is that still set about 400 years before John Carter arrives?

Comment

• As far as I can tell, all those adventures of Dejah Thoris, from issue #1 on, continue in order sequentially. In other words one story seems to happen more or less right after the preceding one, unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Well, the ongoing Dejah Thoris series started off set about 400 years before JC arrived, right?

Comment

• I can't recall exactly when they said the series began. It may be printed on the inside front cover, but I tend to just gloss over that and get right to page 1. Some large, significant chunk of time before JC. It's far enough in the past that the series will never catch up to the regular Warlord of Mars title, unless they start skipping huge blocks of time between stories. Dates aren't really mentioned in the stories themselves.

I don't think the WoM timeline is anywhere near as complicated as Dark Horse's Star Wars timeline. I haven't even worried that much about it. Except for White Apes (which had Carthoris in it), it just seems to be 2 discrete eras, the 'Dejah Thoris Era' and the 'John Carter Era'. Well, there is the 'Gullivar Jones Era' too (Warriors of Mars), which is before the Dejah Thoris Era, since it involves her mother.

OK, fair enough then. It just seems like you have to figure out where to wedge the miniseries in as they come out. For some reason I've never felt any confusion over when it's taking place. White Apes needs to be wedged somewhere in between the regular story arcs of WoM, and so does the middle part of Warriors of Mars, but everything else so far seems pretty straightforward. It's not like they're jumping around back and forth in time in the 2 ongoing books.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Hmmm. Does anyone know, then, when the Dejah Thoris series is set?

As for Warriors of Mars, I found it so disappointing and a poor fit that I'm just treating it as some sort of non-continuity What If story or the like.

Comment

• Aha! It is definitely 400 years before the events of the Warlord of Mars books.

Comment

• I buy Lord of the Jungle every month and the book actually does pretty well for itself, I believe its orders are around 8 thousand a month last I checked.

Comment

• Anyone know when Warlord of Mars issue 23 will be out?

It seems like forever since I last got a new copy of this series, just wondering if anyone knew when the next issue #23 will be out?

Comment

• I have no idea :/

But I think they are having issues with the current artist, and possibly the script :\

I dont think anyone has ever gotten this far with a Barsoom adaption before. DONT YOU DARE GIVE UP ON IT DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!

but the good news is that I dont think we are going to have to wait long for subsequent issues after the next one, they switch artists again after the next issue, and part of the reason this is done is to have multiple issues worked on at the same time. The next artist after 24 is supposed to do at least 3 issues I think . . . he could already be on his second or third for all we know :/

I am probably being way to hopeful

Comment

• I am pretty sure it is still going cause Joe Jusko just finished the cover to issue 30. He posted bits of it on Facebook. Looked cool.

Comment

• yeah I have seen Joe's cover work, but as you know artist can have worked finished and books get the axe before it evers goes to the printers.

Comment

• well dont give em any ideas D:

near as I can tell, they are having issues with one artist . .. .and that is all

hopefull when the next issue is released it will be like a dam breaking.

Comment

• CEO/Publisher

Hi Guys,

Chiming in. Sorry for the delay. The next issue will be February, and we hope to catch up a little at a time. We are going to skip a month or two to catch up to solicits.

It's a great book, and glad you guys are posting. It is encouraging to see fans asking and wanting more!

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                              I dont think anyone has ever gotten this far with a Barsoom adaption before. DONT YOU DARE GIVE UP ON IT DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!
                              Not quite. Marvel did 28 issues of John Carter Warlord of Mars plus 3 Annuals (1977-1979). Dynamite's closing in on that number, though, so keep your fingers crossed.

If you count the Dejah Thoris ongoing and miniseries, DE's already broken Marvel's record though.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                                Hi Guys,

Chiming in. Sorry for the delay. The next issue will be February, and we hope to catch up a little at a time. We are going to skip a month or two to catch up to solicits.

It's a great book, and glad you guys are posting. It is encouraging to see fans asking and wanting more!

Nick
                                It seems like alot of the titles I just subbed to look like they are canceled or just backlogged.

Comment

Working...
                                X