Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh come on, surely I'm not the only one really, really excited about this.

Comment

• Sweet!

Very cool, looking forward to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
        Oh come on, surely I'm not the only one really, really excited about this.
        You're definitely not alone, this is just what LOTJ needs to bring back reader interest.

Comment

• Does Arvid Nelson post here? I hope he can tell us what year it's set in.

Comment

• I am going to beg right now . . . do not get them into a fight . . . do not make this a pissing contest over who is better, do not make one fall in love with the others wife . . . heck, I am hesitant about them even meeting, I would have preffered Tarzan just have his own adventure on Barsoom . . .

But if you are goign to make it a crossover with John Carter and Tarzan . . . do not make them fight, or have some sort of love-dodechahedron . . . these are the things that ruined Dark Horses crossover, and that short story in Under the Moons of Mars.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerKnight View Post
              I like the Warlord of Mars but cancelled it way back when. simply because it follows the book pretty much exactly and I read them already.
              Its actually deviated a lot from the books in more rcent issues, and . . . well sometimes to its benefit, and sometimes to its detriment . . .

Comment

• Arvid does post here!

Ralok – you are in good hands, I promise. I share all of your concerns.

I'm really excited to unleash this on the world -- wait ’til you see Roberto's art! Thanks guys, for reading and believing. I'm a believer, too .

Comment

• Hooray!! Thank you!!

Comment

• Alas, no issue solicited for August , though we have the cool Jungle/Mars miniseries to look forward to.

Comment

• Arvid: Lord of the Jungle is still going on, too, though, right? People are worrying about that on the other thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arvid Nelson View Post
                        Arvid does post here!

Ralok – you are in good hands, I promise. I share all of your concerns.

I'm really excited to unleash this on the world -- wait ’til you see Roberto's art! Thanks guys, for reading and believing. I'm a believer, too .
                        WOOHOO!!!!! You rock dude!

Comment

• Dejah Thoris Title Becoming Formulaic

I've just finished reading #25 as well as the latest Green Men of Mars issue, and it seems that these Dejah Thoris stories are getting somewhat repetitive. She gets off on her own, gets into some type of plot complication, then solves her predicament by hacking her way out of it. Additionally, although she has maintained her style of dress throughout, everyone else seems to be wearing more and more Earth-like clothes. The effect is that Dejah Thoris has essentially become another in a long string of bikini-wearing sword maidens. I have nothing against bikini-wearing sword maidens, but Burroughs had some pretty well described ideas about Martian dress and culture. If all we're going to encounter is the same formula, but in a place called "Mars", I've already seen that. Maybe I'm missing the point that these Dejah Thoris titles were SUPPOSED to be this way, but we're still talking about Dejah Thoris, a Burroughs character. Does anyone else feel this way? This critique in no way reflects the main John Carter title, by the way.

Comment

• I have not yet picked up the main Dejah Thoris book, but are the men still dressed in speedos (as it were)?

Comment

• really looking forward to this.

Comment

• Not as many as I would expect. It's possible that I'm just sensitive because there don't seem to be as many people drawn as I would expect in a Martian city.

Comment

Working...
                                X