Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
    Not as many as I would expect. It's possible that I'm just sensitive because there don't seem to be as many people drawn as I would expect in a Martian city.
    Drat. Part of what got me interested originally in the John Carter stuff (and Conan, and Tarzan, and so on) was the beefcakery. Barsoom is supposed to have equal levels of unclad-ness for male and female alike!

Come for the speedos and loincloths, stay for the story and adventure!

Comment

• I thought this movie was fairly good and deserves at least 2 more sequels. Wonder when someones going to reboot Tarzan and make it closer to the Novels?

Comment

• I think it's on hiatus for now

We're hoping to start it up again! I think a lot of it depends on Lords of Mars. Here's hoping!

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
        Arvid: Lord of the Jungle is still going on, too, though, right? People are worrying about that on the other thread.

Comment

• LotJ was/is great.

Great combo on writing and art made it wicked interesting. I hope it comes back after Lord of Mars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arvid Nelson View Post
            I think it's on hiatus for now

We're hoping to start it up again! I think a lot of it depends on Lords of Mars. Here's hoping!
            Oh dear! Well, I'm picking up Lords of Mars. (Will it pick up where Lord of the Jungle is currently? Is the latest Lord of the Jungle storyline complete or is it hanging in the middle? It's been on my "get when I can afford" list...)

Comment

• oh my god . . . issue 1 of 6 . . .

THANK YOU . . . 4 issues really isnt enough to tell stories . . . 6 . . . that is going to be awesome D:

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                Oh dear! Well, I'm picking up Lords of Mars. (Will it pick up where Lord of the Jungle is currently? Is the latest Lord of the Jungle storyline complete or is it hanging in the middle? It's been on my "get when I can afford" list...)
                LOTJ#9-14, tells the entire "return of Tarzan" story and issue 15 is a stand alone story.
                Since this announcement I've been re-reading the Tarzan and Barsoom novels, currently reading "Tarzan the terrible" ERB created so much material to explore, hope LOTJ returns soon there are so much stories still to be told.

Comment

• Ah, so then at least, if it doesn't return (but of course I hope it does), at least it ends at a good stopping place, rather than on a cliffhanger. I assume it will be collected, too, yes? That way (1) I can get all the covers and (2) I can send a message of support of the book, rather than getting them as back issues.

Comment

• well I just picked up issue 4 (I was surprised to find it is being renewed for more issues . . . ) but I have to say this, a lot of the concerns and problems I had were rectified . . . to a certain extent.

I am glad to see that Dejah Thoris didnt need to be Rescued by anyone (in fact the opposite, her enemies had to be rescued from her in a sense)

I can definitly see the horror angle the "dejah thoris &" books are going for, if you guys inssit upon doing more horror themed barsoom. Then I hope that you get more into broader horror concepts, waiting eagerly for the haunted house epic of barsoom . . .

but could you guys by any chance, in a main book (since Warlord is now doing original stories) or maybe even "Lords of Mars" if you have any incidental female red martian characters, to maybe replace her with one of the female characters Dejah Thoris has interacted with during this comic, and implicate recovery (surgical scars, prosthetic organs, etc) . . . it would make me feel better about some of the more disturbing stuff in it.

Comment

• Thanks, fellas, for all the support! Sorry I can't post more, I really wish I had more time. In my defense, I'm often taking care of my one year-old son who, like his father, is a complete and total prima donna.

Yes, Jungle ends on (what I hope is) a satisfactory end note. The final issue #15, is a prelude to Lords of Mars.

Comment

• Thank you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arvid Nelson View Post
                          Thanks, fellas, for all the support! Sorry I can't post more, I really wish I had more time. In my defense, I'm often taking care of my one year-old son who, like his father, is a complete and total prima donna.

Yes, Jungle ends on (what I hope is) a satisfactory end note. The final issue #15, is a prelude to Lords of Mars.
                          Well, I'm sad to see Lord of the Jungle come to an end, it's been a fun story that has made me stand up and notice the character of Tarzan. Something that I've never done previously. Thanks for a good run!

Comment

• added this to my Pull along with The Owl. Can't wait to read these!

Comment

• hey I just had an interesting thought . . . in the books Gorillas are called "bolgani" in the primitive primal language (which seems to be the soruce of all languages) and the "Mangani" are a different species of ape . . . so what are the what apes called in the tongue of the mangani (I presume they share the primal language, that would be what Burroughs would do i think)

Bargani? (barsoom mangani?)

Comment

• Dejah Thoris in the future? Connection with Warriors of Mars?

In the latest Dynamite solicits on Comics Continuum, I saw this:

WARLORD OF MARS: DEJAH THORIS #31

Written by Robert Place Napton, art by Carlos Rafael, covers by Jay Anacleto, Fabiano Neves.

Recently discovered ancient Martian technology accidentally hurls Dejah Thoris forward in time to a dark future. As invaders plunder her homeworld, Dejah becomes embroiled in a civil war that could alter not only her past, but the history of Mars itself!

Some of us felt like the ending of Warriors of Mars seemed abrupt and unfinished, with Gullivar Jones in... a pretty dark future on Mars. By Robert Place Napton, no less.

Is is possible that this story picks up where that left off? (And, I'm really hoping here, alters history so that this really grim future doesn't become definite? One of the things that spoiled the Warriors of Mars series for me was that it ended on such a grim note, but if Dejah's (and possibly Gullivar's?) travels change things so that it never comes to pass, then I'll be quite happy.)

Comment

Working...
                                X