Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's being expanded to 12 issues, but I'm still waiting to see if it gets better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      It's being expanded to 12 issues, but I'm still waiting to see if it gets better.
      12?!?!?!!

according to the main page for it here . . . it has only been expanded to eight issues (including the ones already released) either way its getting additional time on its run, which despite my issues with the series I am happy to see . . . I mean, it needs to extra time to clean up the problems it caused.

Comment

• According to Sept solicits:

DEJAH THORIS AND THE GREEN MEN OF MARS #8

Written by Mark Rahner, art by Lui Antonio, covers by Jay Anacleto.

Now expanded to 12 issues! Race hatred stoked by terrorists threatens to drive Heliumites and Tharks back to war. Everything the trauma-exhausted Dejah Thoris does only seems to worsen it. And her last-ditch plan brings her face-to-face with the disfigured Thark who triggers her worst fears!

32 pages, $3.99.

Comment

According to Sept solicits:

DEJAH THORIS AND THE GREEN MEN OF MARS #8

Written by Mark Rahner, art by Lui Antonio, covers by Jay Anacleto.

Now expanded to 12 issues! Race hatred stoked by terrorists threatens to drive Heliumites and Tharks back to war. Everything the trauma-exhausted Dejah Thoris does only seems to worsen it. And her last-ditch plan brings her face-to-face with the disfigured Thark who triggers her worst fears!

32 pages, $3.99.
          that is odd, because the main site here still says its 8 . . . are they planning an extension of an extension . . . that is strange? this was just supposed to be a 4 issue mini . . . weird how it has gotten out of hand like this, especialyl since it is . . . well the worst mini taht they have put out for this series.

but yeah it did get better near the end I guess . . .

Comment

• well, the first Lone Ranger series started out as a mini then became an ongoing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
              well, the first Lone Ranger series started out as a mini then became an ongoing.
              yeah but what is the purpose of this particular comic becoming ongoing? it has nothing that adds to the universe or lore other than characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror. There are very few redeeming factors to the series, and on top of that its really just an extension of teh Dejah Thoris main series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                yeah but what is the purpose of this particular comic becoming ongoing? it has nothing that adds to the universe or lore other than characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror. There are very few redeeming factors to the series, and on top of that its really just an extension of teh Dejah Thoris main series.
                The Dejah Thoris main series is still set roughly in 1429, right?

Comment

The Dejah Thoris main series is still set roughly in 1429, right?
                  sounds about right, but I am not entire sure . . .

Its a shame this series is ongoing though, I was really hoping for "Dejah Thoris & The Black Pirates of Mars"

Comment

• i actually enjoyed Warriors of Mars. i agree that the final issue was a bit odd, but i would buy any kind of sequel comic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralok View Post
                      I'm completely content with characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror as an extension of the Dejah Thoris main series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leadpoison View Post
                        I'm completely content with characters, politics, and scenes of graphic horror as an extension of the Dejah Thoris main series.
                        Im not, because this would have been far more suitable for a Tara story. Consider Chessmen of Mars (now public domain) the headless Rykors, the Horrid Kaldanes, the psychological torment that Tara underwent... then the city of Manator, whose inhabitants use human beings as pawns in a game of chess, and their tradition of using the art of Taxidermy on their dead and displaying them.

Not only that, but Chessmen of Mars also had some political aspects too it. Dejah Thoris and the Green Men of Mars would have been a far better story to have with Tara of Helium as the main character, and as an extension of a potential Chessmen of Mars comic... It would have been far more with keeping in the spirit of the book and the characters.

Shame the Ras Thavas trilogy series is not in public domain, those books got their own fair share of well-thought horror. Barsoom is not a universe without horror, you just gotta know where to put it bro!

Comment

• Warlord of Mars 26

The latest issue of Warlord of Mars... I really really really enjoyed, I enjoy almost any new stories that Dynamite puts up in the barsoom universe. Certainly the issue had a few hiccups with art and pacing. But I appreciated Sola starting a family of her own, the inter-politics of the races (I would like to see this newfound alliance between the races, and focus on the races, show a neglect for inter-red kingdom politics... thus leading to issues with other red kingdoms... which is basically what happened in the books)

Okay well anyways, the thing I found most fascinating was the implications of a relationship between the Yellow Men and the Green Men. From the books we know for a FACT that the Yellow Men and the Green Men ad a really long and brutal war as the oceans dried up, that the Okar piled the corpses of the greens at the entrance to their kingdom as a warning.

And I love that this story-line has a focus on the Okar which were such a neglected race in the books (be sure to read-over warlord of mars writers, take note of their weapons, attire, and habits... they are very unique on Barsoom, one of the most unique things is their domestication of the apts!) To summarize... I am so... FREAKING EXCITED FOR THE REST OF THIS STORY!!! F****tr**K YES!!!!

I look forward to seeing the frozen north in the subsequent issues, I hope that you explore the flora and fauna of this region. Maybe even give us the first real artists impression of the Orluk, an animal only mentioned in the books, and NEVER seen in any of the comics or adaptions. And its a chance to explore some of the stuff that might have had to been cut from the Warlord of Mars adaption.

But what I am most excited about is the relationship between the Greens and the Okar. Fans have long speculated that the Okar are descendants of Greens and Orovars, perhaps this is why the Okar (O-kar seems to have a similarity to Orovar, perhaps it means something like Orovar taht is broken?) want the green martians wiped out so badly?

This story is just... its going good places, I dont want to speculate too much because I dont want to ruin the story for myself, but you are giving focus to the two most neglected races from ERBs books, the Yellow Martians, and the Green Martians... I am in your debt dynamite...

Oh and one thing, if its not too much to ask... can we have an incidental background character that is a Kaldane in the near future? Maybe someone in a market leading a herd of rykors he intends to sell or something? because this would be some awesome nods to chessmen (which I remind you .... IS in the public domain )

Comment

• Barsoom 72!

I have been keeping track of all the Barsoom stories you have published Dynamite, you are darn near 74 issues between it all. I want to Congratulate you as well in advance for breaking Marvels 28 issue run record on Barsoom from the eighties with both of your main series (Warlord Prime, and Warlord Dejah Thoris). You people are doing good, and it wont be long before between all the comics you reach one hundred barsoom stories told!

I hope you do something special if you ever reach that point, I have a suggestion though... I suggest you release a super-giant "issue" that is a compendium of barsoomian lore and knowledge from the public domain novels, and everything that dynamite has created. Biographies on the nations, dead cities, races, and animals of this world. Ended with a short story comic, perhaps one about Woola searching for John Carter after he left mars after saving the atmosphere factory?

Whatever you guys decide to do for your 100th Barsoom comic whenever you reach it... I want you know I am happy to have been reading this from darn near the start, despite my near constant whining, complaining, and criticism towards the stories... I have loved every moment of this, the ups and the downs.

Good luck! I hope you reach Barsoom 100 soon... and if you are still having legal problems with ERB Inc. I hope you get them sorted out, I know one or two people who are a part of it, and I will do my best to put in a good word for you.

You guys rock!

Comment

• dynamite...

http://www.dynamite.com/previews/C72...711/WoM273.jpg

I love you.... I really do XD

Comment

• Warlord of Mars 27

this ... this is amazing so far.!!!

WHAT IS THE MYSTERY DARNIT XD WHAT IS IT XD

Comment

Working...
                                X