Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess Jusko wasn't here to save the day.

Comment

DE Comics ranking for Feb 2011

Check the following link out for other DE titles and their ranking for Feb 2011. The list provides the top 50 titles from publishers other than Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, IDW or Image. DE grabbed 5 of the top 10 slots and Boys being number #1!!! Way to go DE!!

They refer to this group as the "Non-Premiere" publishers. I think of DE, Boundless, Radical & Boom! as "more creative" not non-premiere publishers. But that's just me! Anyway here is the link.

http://www.hypergeek.ca/2011/04/diam...uary-2011.html

Comment

Diamond Distributors announced top products for April 2011

Further to my previous post Diamond lists DE at 6th overall in dollar sales among all comic publishers even though there unit share is below Boom! That is probably explained by the variant offerings on many of their current titles.

However, there may be some bad news for us hard core DE fans, probably in part, due to the economy. Comic book dollar sales in April 2011 are down over 10.5% from April 2010.

You can read more at the following link:

http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/...&s=5&ai=108496

Comment

Wow, that first cover definately wasn't my cup of tea but the one in the link that Electron just posted was heads and shoulders better, very nice!
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

President/Publisher

Wardog,

We have a higher percentage than Boom! and others due to our sales of regular comics. Diamond has decided to count Free Comic Book Day Sales with unit share, which is why they are ahead behind units. If we had been able to join in FCBD and give away so many books, I believe we would have been equal at #6 in units and dollars.

best!

Nick

Comment

I've noticed DE is usually somewhere in that #5 or #6 slot, like Nick said about the FCBD since Diamond decided to count free comics it helped out some of the smaller publishers. Still, DE usually is around that #5 mark and not too far out of that coveted #3 position that I'm sure they'd love to be living in.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

It isnít John Carter. It is his teenage son, Carthoris.

-Your Dude at Dynamite

Comment

Thanks for answering my question up thread about where Green Hornet places in the rankings. Glad to see it over a 10K circulation. Hope it's been stable and goes up after Hester leaves.

As for DE's standing among publishers it's holding it's own as I see it with about 3% of the market share. I didn't realize IDW was in that #3/4 slot with a 5% share. That surprises me but all I read from them is the ongoing Transformers book(but looking forward to Rocketeer).

I don't currently get any books outside the top 6 publishers. Almost picked up the new Planet of the Apes book from BOOM but passed.

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                    I've noticed DE is usually somewhere in that #5 or #6 slot, like Nick said about the FCBD since Diamond decided to count free comics it helped out some of the smaller publishers. Still, DE usually is around that #5 mark and not too far out of that coveted #3 position that I'm sure they'd love to be living in.
                    I think Dynamite could outsell Image in five years.

By then, Image could be the seventh largest comic book publisher.

Comment

• Image comics has been dropping in marketshare and sales over the past several years, the last time they had a solid hold on the #3 position was back when Invincible was an upstart book that was gaining a lot of attention and Noble Causes was one of the books that critics couldn't stop raving about. I could totally see Dynamite zooming right through them over the course of the next couple of years, especially if Kirby: Genesis kicks off and the PSP v3 grabs big numbers for DE.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

• which cover?
                        I guess the first one? would explain at least something.

the second cover though still isn't JC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DudeAtDynamite View Post
                          It isnít John Carter. It is his teenage son, Carthoris.

-Your Dude at Dynamite
                          OK, that makes sense then. Wonder why the big jump in continuity, I was hoping the comic would follow the novels timeline.

Comment

• Pixar John Carter of Mars

Anyone else hoping to see a trailer soon? I know I am. I'm hoping its 3D animated the Avatar's way.

Last edited by JohnCarter; 05-18-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• So I asked Mr Hester through Twitter whether he's adding Bionic Man or moving on from Hornet. He's usually pretty good for answering (which is impressive because he seems to get a LOT of messages).

He commented earlier about the end of his run on a Godzilla book so maybe he had some other projects coming to an end anyway and taking on Bionic Man doesn't have to interfere with his Hornet work. Newsarama previews Dynamite's August solicitations and he's on #19 still, at least. The Redhand story continues in that one though, but it sounds like it might end in the following issue.

I was more worried about Lau, to tell you the truth. Hester has shown he can juggle multiple books. I don't know if Lau can and I had gotten really used to his style for this book.
                              Last edited by Captain Canuck; 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• DE Market share

I have no doubt, in time, that DE will outrank most others in this business. There attention to detail, superior covers and fresh new material is what wins me over. In my case, I buy 20 titles a month and 16 of those are DE. I buy all covers for four of the DE titles due to the exceptional cover art.

Comment

Working...
                                X