Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like the Frazetta Imitators.

Corben would have to tone down his "weirdness" gene to do most of the John Carter stories, but I'd like to see it. Especially in some of the later stories like "Mastermind of Mars". In fact, Corben may be the only artist who could do "Mastermind" justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Craig View Post
      Another great issue!! Great pacing in the story and art was once again tops!
      Learning the story of Sola and who her father is, Tars Tarkas, should prove interesting in future stories. I don't know why I didn't figure it out as she was telling it but I didn't. A guy else where said that Tarkas is the only Martian of consequence we've met so it had to be him. Well, I guess I was just enjoying having the story unfold to bother with playing detective. That isn't so bad, right?

So what has happened to Dejah and Sola? John creates a diversion so they can escape and loses them. Is the atmospher factory(I think that's what it was at the end) where they are or is this a sidebar in the story?

Looking forward to next issue!!
      In the books, it was less obvious the father was Tars Tarkas, because there were more green martians mentioned and described.

Comment

• I really loved the Marvel series. I really liked Gil Kane's artwork and then Ernie Colon's. The first Ernie Colon issue with inks by Bob Layton is one of my favorite issues artwise.

Comment

• Nice! Post as many of those interiors as you like! I also like those Michael Whelan book covers. He had a good run with those. Especially Thuvia.

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
            Nice! Post as many of those interiors as you like! I also like those Michael Whelan book covers. He had a good run with those. Especially Thuvia.
            These are not mine, they come from a blog but here are some more:

Comment

• John Carter leaves Mars for 10 years, during which time his son is born. I think the writers plan on filling some of that in, though I hope they don't waste too much time on it.

Comment

• Some of my favorite Gil Kane art:

Comment

• Originally posted by transversal View Post
                  John Carter leaves Mars for 10 years, during which time his son is born. I think the writers plan on filling some of that in, though I hope they don't waste too much time on it.
                  Are those ten years between "A Princess of Mars" and "The Gods of Mars"? I don't remember.

Comment

• Yes, he was gone back to Earth for ten years between those books.

Comment

• Warlord of Mars 7 discussion

I wish we could know the shipping date. Dynamite page doesn't say

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...=C725130164650

By the way, I like the three covers, and I must say that Sadowsky's might be my favorite here for a change, followed closely by Jusko's.

Comment

• Warlord of Mars issues #3 & #4

Just re-read these issues the other day, amazing how the bond between John and his brutish pet and Sola became so strong in such a short ammount of time, it was so believable too and really made for a fantastic read. I loved the introduction of Dejah Thoris too, she's such an awesome (and sexy) character and I'm really loving her interactions with the aliens and with Carter himself, this has just been really so much fun.

Keep it up Dynamite!
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• ERB Website: Original John Carter Strip & a ton of information

I don't know if readers of the comic are aware of the official Edgar Rice Burroughs website. For the John Carter fan the official site has a ton of information including the original newspaper strip.

http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/mag22/2281.html

Comment

• How cool would this be to be collected by Dynamite?

Comment

• If it was to get collected, it would be by Dark Horse. Dark Horse still has the official license, hence their recent collections of all the Dell/Gold Key, DC and Marvel material.
                              DECODER RING THEATRE
                              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                              PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                              PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMikeyD View Post
                                If it was to get collected, it would be by Dark Horse. Dark Horse still has the official license, hence their recent collections of all the Dell/Gold Key, DC and Marvel material.
                                That's a really weird situation. So is Dynamite only licensed to put out new material? I wonder if Dynamite has the rights for new Tarzan material as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X