X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MASKS series MEGATHREAD!

MASKS - GOLDEN AGE CROSSOVER EVENT

Looks interesting

I guess as close as we’re ever going to get to my suggestion of an ann PULP HEROES crossover event

http://heroescomics.9f.com/pulp_heroes.htm

The News

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39644

WOW!

Green Hornet, Kato, The Shadow, Miss Fury, Black Bat, Zorro, The Spider and other
    All that's missing is the Phantom, but then again, there is the mention of others, as in possibly some surprises

Too bad they couldn't get Doc Savage, and The Avenger, but it's still a pretty nice bunch.
    Last edited by Renaud; 07-11-2012, 04:09 PM.

Pulp heroes cross-over event "Masks"

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/pulp...ver-masks.html

The legendary Spider trilogy of novels, "the Spider vs the Empire State", is being adapted by Dynamite into an eight-part cross-over event with the Shadow, Green Hornet & the Spider by Alex Ross. (See the original novel here.)

Comment

By the way, my favorite from Project Superpowers is also a PULP CLASSIC hero as well

Do I really need to say more

Would love to find a copy of this book

The Green Lama The Complete Pulp Adventures Volume 1
      Last edited by Renaud; 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Zorro, Shadow, Green Hornet and Kato. . . . this is everything I wanted in a Dynamite crossover event!!!!

Thank you Dynamite, thank you so much for making this!

Comment

It gets better look at this little exchange on newsrama

Newsrama: We’ll let you slide on that, but can you give us a run-down of the major heroes in this?

Roberson: The heavy hitters are the Spider, the Shadow, Green Hornet & Kato, Miss Fury, The Black Bat, the Green Lama, and Black Terror, but we’ll also be introducing a couple of surprise characters along the way.

Comment

also Zorro, don't forget Zorro, though it will be interesting to see how he meshes with the other heroes considering he is from a different era.

Apparently some of the PSP characters will be in it as well. At least according to an interview with the writer on NEwsrama

Comment

Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
              It gets better look at this little exchange on newsrama

Newsrama: We’ll let you slide on that, but can you give us a run-down of the major heroes in this?

Roberson: The heavy hitters are the Spider, the Shadow, Green Hornet & Kato, Miss Fury, The Black Bat, the Green Lama, and Black Terror, but we’ll also be introducing a couple of surprise characters along the way.
              http://www.newsarama.com/comics/pulp...ver-masks.html
              Interesting

If Black Terror is also in there, then there is chance for The Green Lama to make an appearance as well

PS: I would have thought Zorro more of the Lone Ranger time period
              Last edited by Renaud; 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

More than a chance. . . he flat out said "Green Lama"

Comment

Looks great, indeed! I was just about to post this myself, but someone beat me to it :P

I'm super excited for this, aside from Zorro I'm pumped about the lineup of this group (not a Zorro fan, sorry) and I think this has the potential to be a real blockbuster for an indy book.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...albumcover.jpg

Look at the cover here painted by Alex Ross, and then look at the link above and you will "LOL"....

No, but in all seriousness this does look pretty damn awesome and should be a really good read. Hopefully the book centers around everyone equally and we can get a good feel for the relationships and feuds between all of these characters when they interact during the book, man......this has me excited!

Comment

And just for us Dynamite Fanboys

any other name that will appear, not giving up any punch lines

Only for more for this board :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
                        By the way, my favorite from Project Superpowers is also a PULP CLASSIC hero as well

Do I really need to say more

Would love to find a copy of this book

The Green Lama The Complete Pulp Adventures Volume 1
                        Why wouldn't you just order one here?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Green-Lama...+lama+volume+1

...and while you're at it, you can order Volumes 2 and 3 as well. Together, Volumes 1-3 collect the COMPLETE pulp adventures of The Green Lama. These are print-on-demand books, so you're unlikely to find any of these sitting on the shelves of your local Barnes & Noble.
                        Last edited by positronic; 07-12-2012, 02:24 AM.
                        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
                          http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...albumcover.jpg

Look at the cover here painted by Alex Ross, and then look at the link above and you will "LOL"....
                          This is a common low-angle forced-perspective shot. I'm sure N.W.A. didn't exactly invent it either. Besides the angle, Ross' painting isn't even that close.
                          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Have to say I'm pretty excited about this. It makes Moonstone's Return of the Originals: The Battle for L.A. look weak by comparison. Scratching my head over the inclusion of Zorro, though. Obviously must be some descendant of the original (although I quickly tired of this idea when it was used so many times in the old Republic serials). You take Zorro out of his usual milieu and he's not really Zorro any more by my reckoning -- seeing Zorro in a (relatively) modern urban environment (sans Toranado) seems too out of place. To quoter writer Chris Roberson from the CBR interview, "The farther and farther away you get from the type of setting that these characters work best the less appeal they have." I agree.They have so many other characters in here, they could easily have skipped him. I hasten to add that I really like Zorro in his own DE series.

Another thing I noticed right away was The Spider's gun is not the same as it is in his own series -- then it hit me -- of course, this isn't exactly the same Spider, but a version that's much closer to the original pulp character. No laser sights on guns in 1938.

I never noticed before how short The Shadow's cape is. That doesn't seem quite right.

As far as PSP characters, Black Terror and Green Lama will fit right in. I wouldn't mind seeing Daredevil or Miss Masque either. They should limit the number of PSP characters though.
                            Last edited by positronic; 07-12-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

This could potentially be the first Dynamite series I pick up since the PSP line ended. My question is, are the Black Terror and Green Lama for certain the Project Superpowers versions? If they are then this is a 100% sale for me, but if not then I'll skim the first issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X