MASKS series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I called it! I knew it would be The Spider, I felt like the "mystery man" would have been kind of a letdown, but the book as a whole was still really enjoyable so I'm fine with it.
    I think I would have preferred a "he's back!" moment at the end of #6 rather than an attempt at being mysterious. In #7, Spider is just...there. The whole thing fell flat, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
      Sad, only one issue left after this action pakced number 7.
      The solicitations refer to the trade as "volume 1" which I choose to believe implies that there's a volume two down the road.

IIRC, at least in April, Masks was Dynamite's best seller. It would make sense to build on it.

I don't think I would advertise it as "volume two" though. I think I would just add a sub-title so that if feels more accessible to someone who hasn't read the first volume. Seeing volume two attached to it may make someone feel they need to read volume one to understand the second volume.

Comment

• I don't have any information but I'm truly hoping for a second volume and beyond, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long after volume one finishes up to find out.

As for issue #7, it was pretty sweet. Lots of good story and action to soak up, though they did make a big deal out of The Clock being The Clock which I found odd. I guess he never came out as evil to the heroes prior to doing all this.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• You know I don't know enough about each individual character to have formed any major opinions on the plot direction before #7, I'll just say I thought #7 was a very awesome read. I don't read the different shadow series, but his awesomeness in this series makes me want to. He's probably the most hardcore, the most idealistic, the least remorseful and interestingly enough, the funniest.

Comment

• Green Hornet must be freeeeeeed! The Clock needs his own mini, he's awesome!

Comment

• I'd like to see how ROberson wraps it up in 1 more issue. Feels like there should still be a 10 issue mini.

Comment

• Interview chunk:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=45700

"Masks" has become the latest of Dynamite's projects to build its own mini line out of the initial series with "Black Bat" and "Miss Fury" following in their own books. What's your plan for the franchise long term? Is there more work you'd like to do in this world?

I probably can't say too much. Initially I signed on to do this one, and I wanted to work with Dynamite for a long time because they control a lot of licenses that I'd like to work on. My run on "The Shadow" came about, I think, because they were happy with the work I was doing on "Masks," and there is another follow up we're doing after that. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but that should be coming soon. It's not a direct sequel like "Masks 2" or anything, but it does have a similar kind of structure with overlapping groups of characters, but it's set in a different time period and has a different kind of vibe to it.

Comment

• Sounds cool. Masks is so good!

Comment

• He may be talking about the Lord of Mars series, or the big crossover between other characters in other titles that was discussed last year. But maybe he's talking about another MASKS style tale?
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

• Issue #7 had it all! Amazing action, awesome art (I liked the art), a well written plot, and the best damn characters in comics today. Let's see what issue #8 brings us as The Clock is ousted as a villain!

Man, one month is too long of a wait for these amazing books.

Comment

• Masks TPB...volume 1?

Is there a reason the Masks TPB is solicited as Volume 1? I would think that an 8 issue mini could fit in one book....Is there a follow up coming along at some point?

Comment

• Vol 1 will have all 8 issues. Labeling it Vol 1 leaves it open to do a follow-up series and release the trade as Vol 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                            I personally don't view the Masks Lama and Terror as the PSP versions, but I have the odd feeling that Black Terror's appearance in Masks has some kind of meaning that may lead to something non-PSP related.
                            And it is certain that the Black Bat in Masks is not the same character as in The Black Bat. Different origin, for a start.

But, as we approach the finale, I was reviewing the prior issues. So the Clock has been tagged as the villain and he has most of the heroes with him, but not yet the Spider, Zorro and the Black Bat.

And that last one is intriguing. Because back in #3, Tony tells us that he is one of the few people who know that the Clock is his old friend Brian O'Brien. I have to wonder if this is going to play a key part in the conclusion. Will the presence of somebody who knows who he is underneath the....[wait for it]....Mask be the Clock's undoing?

Comment

• masks #8

So, what did everyone think of the finale of Masks? I enjoyed it, it ended on a positive note and we get to see the heroes in action as a unit which was nice. Here's hoping for a chapter 2!
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

• I left with the same feeling that I felt about Death Of The Family... It was good, I liked it, but I was hoping for more. Didn't this issue just fly by?

Furthermore, it seems like Dynamite comics have been really short lately. I counted 20 pages of story in Masks 8. It always catches me by surprise, too, because there's so much fluff at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X