No announcement yet.

MASKS series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved how The Shadow tried to kill The Clock at first but then The Black Bat tried to stop him, it was pretty interesting seeing the heroes kind of be at odds with each other. I liked how a lot of the heroes got to speak their peace during the battle and how we got a nice little origin for The Clock at the beginning, all in all a very amazing issue and a cool ending that doesn't rule out a second chapter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
      I loved how The Shadow tried to kill The Clock at first but then The Black Bat tried to stop him, it was pretty interesting seeing the heroes kind of be at odds with each other.
      Yeah, that was cool. Especially since the Black Bat did not have a huge role to this point. Plus there are a lot of similarities between these characters so seeing that they are not necessarily of one mind of every issue underscores some of the differences.

I recall that a few years back we had some complaints about such a large cast of PSP characters all being against dropping the bomb. It seemed unrealistic. It is normal normal that there would be disagreements. I just wished that Black Bat had seemed less accepting of what Shadow ultiamtely did (trying to remain spoiler free here...).

On the flip side, you could take Miss Fury out of the book and not even notice. That was a little disappointing.

Comment

• I felt that last two issues, well decent, were fluffy.

Masks should have by 10 issues, it wrapped up way too easily and conveniently. Roberson is better then this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
          I felt that last two issues, well decent, were fluffy.

Masks should have by 10 issues, it wrapped up way too easily and conveniently. Roberson is better then this.
          I agree the last two issues seemed tobe a quick read and the ending was very sudden. I would have liked to see more of Zorro and Black Bat. The clock could have gotten away and tried to get to his troops on the way to Washington so we see what would happen if he didn't have his thugs to do the dirt work.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Sure, the ending was a bit quick thanks to The Clock getting shot and killed and the people fighting back against the soldiers, but all in all it was satisfying and I loved how it ended with all of the characters posing together. It gives me hope for a MASKS volume 2 sometime down the line. In fact, who here is in favor of a MASKS volume 2 by Dynamite? I know I am!

The struggle between the characters was great as they decided The Clock's fate, personally The Shadow did what he had to do and that was that, he was too powerful to be left to a jury that could have possibly been corrupt.

Comment

• i too felt the final issue was a bit rushed. would have liked more interaction between The Clock and The Black Bat.

Comment

• I felt the interactions between the Black Bat and The Clock was cool, you can tell these two have a DE history and I hope that it gets explored sometime. Maybe in chapter 2?
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Very dissapointed in the way it ended. Everything was wrapped up too quick and easy, especially after all the build-up throughout the earlier issues and the trouble they had initially fighting the black police. Even the dialogue was cheesy - overuse of "mooks" in particular. Maybe drawing out the ending would have allowed for more interesting play with the Clock ( he was basically revealed and then shot in the head almost immediately it seemed like), but maybe the condesning the series to 6 issues would have been better.

I hope in the next volume (I have little doubt there will be more Masks) there is more consistent writing and artwork. I felt both gradually diminishex. Perhaps now that the cast has been fully introduced, there will be more room for better plot.

Comment

• Re-Read this issues and while things did wrap up kind of quickly I felt it was done in a way that was fairly realistic instead of drawn out and over the top, I just felt that the soldiers wouldn't have been defeated so easily by mere civilians. All in all I felt the ending was satisfying and I look forward to chapter 2, I just hope it doesn't take Dynamite 20 years to release it.

Comment

• They weren't really soldiers though, eh? Just a bunch of thugs in suits. A superstitious and cowardly lot, as Mr Wayne would say...

By the same token though...If the Masks hadn't shown up, wouldn't the whole plan have unraveled anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                        They weren't really soldiers though, eh? Just a bunch of thugs in suits. A superstitious and cowardly lot, as Mr Wayne would say...

By the same token though...If the Masks hadn't shown up, wouldn't the whole plan have unraveled anyway?
                        Probably but I'm sure it happened faster because they took out the head/brains.
                        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• The issue was ok. Each character getting their chance to shine in this issue really made the book read fast for me. It was nice to see the Black Bat get more page time though.

Overall I liked the series and what it was trying to do, but I think too many characters were squeezed in.

Didn't like the mixing of the Pulp characters with the Golden Age Comic characters.. but we did get the great Miss Fury title out of it. So I won't complain too much about that.

I am looking forward to seeing The Shadow / The Green Hornet title, where they get some more room to breathe.

Comment

• Smooth ending, quick but good. Nothing puts things to an end quicker than a bullet to the head but man o' man did The Clock deserve it. What a book and what a story!

Seeing the individual heroes spotlighted for a bit was cool as was the page time for Black Bat who really needed it, I liked the battle and the struggle and I feel it ended perfectly to set up a second miniseries.

Comment

• Drop the bomb, Harry!!

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                              Yeah, that was cool. Especially since the Black Bat did not have a huge role to this point. Plus there are a lot of similarities between these characters so seeing that they are not necessarily of one mind of every issue underscores some of the differences.

I recall that a few years back we had some complaints about such a large cast of PSP characters all being against dropping the bomb. It seemed unrealistic. It is normal normal that there would be disagreements. I just wished that Black Bat had seemed less accepting of what Shadow ultiamtely did (trying to remain spoiler free here...).
                              As far as the PSP characters being against dropping the bomb, ..... I still say it was EXTREMELY OUT OF CHARACTER FOR OUR HEROES TO WANT TO STOP THE DROPPING OF THE BOMB.

Historians tell us that it saved hundreds of thousands of lives ....on BOTH sides.

And, good God, look at all those covers. Those heroes FOUGHT against the Axis Powers throughout the War.
                              The Rape of Nanking and Death Marches ....and the whole bloody business had to come to an end. After the Government figured out the cost in lives that would be lost on both sides in taking Japan.... Truman did not waver.
                              He SAVED untold lives on both sides. The whole PSP foundation was build on "crap".!! [Please forgive my "French". I LOVED THOSE GOLDEN AGE HEROES that were so PATRIOTIC.

They represented the best of our guys that hit those beaches and died .....so guys like us could still read comicbooks... and live in relative freedom.

Comment

• After a great start in issue #1, this seemed to run out of steam somewhere, despite a good basic idea in making the villain a hero-gone-bad. Just seemed a little threadbare somehow and about halfway through the thing just seemed to be going through the motions. Probably too many characters fighting for space in an 8-issue story. Can't win them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X