MASKS series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
    After a great start in issue #1, this seemed to run out of steam somewhere, despite a good basic idea in making the villain a hero-gone-bad. Just seemed a little threadbare somehow and about halfway through the thing just seemed to be going through the motions. Probably too many characters fighting for space in an 8-issue story. Can't win them all.
    This is how I felt when I used to read The Avengers, Justice League, and X-Men way back in the day, just too many characters in a 22 page story. And while I felt MASKS was crammed a bit, I felt Roberson did a decent job at making it seem spread out, I highly enjoyed the series and the final issue.

Comment

• I don't know, the ending just seemed to lack "oomph". Essentially The Clock's master plan wasn't really defeated by the assembled Masks, but by the average citizens when he tried to invade New Jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        I don't know, the ending just seemed to lack "oomph". Essentially The Clock's master plan wasn't really defeated by the assembled Masks, but by the average citizens when he tried to invade New Jersey.
        Yeah, but maybe those citizens built up some of the testicular fortitude needed to fight because they saw what our heroes were doing?

I enjoyed the issue, but it did sort of lack oomph so to speak. Echoing a previous poster Miss Fury really didn't have a part..which is fine because she has her own title now, its pretty good.

I would have traded Zoro time for more Green LLama time though.

Comment

• Masks Deluxe Edition Hardcover Treatment

For the historical gathering and clever intelligent story writing,

If anything ever deserved a Deluxe Edition Hardcover treatment,

it's "Masks"

Thanks to all responsible for this great comic book event

In my view it is movie worthy

Comment

• A-r-r-r-r-r-g-h!!

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
            For the historical gathering and clever intelligent story writing,

If anything ever deserved a Deluxe Edition Hardcover treatment,

it's "Masks"

Thanks to all responsible for this great comic book event

In my view it is movie worthy
            Why do you torture me with that Project SuperPowers motif at the end????

Why haven't the Project SuperPowers heroes returned with stronger art and story???

Painful!!!

Comment

• So is it getting some kind of HC treatment, or is this a request? Just wondering as it may affect my purchasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                So is it getting some kind of HC treatment, or is this a request? Just wondering as it may affect my purchasing.
                Nothing solicited or announced so far on the Masks hardcover front. I guess if they don't make one, that would definitely affect your ability to purchase one!

The trade paperback collection came out back at the end of August 2013.

Comment

• Re-reading the MASKS series . . .

I recently decided to re-read this series where the "Justice Party" has a... unique... way of making life "better"/"great again" in the Empire State.

It was a coincidence that I chose to do this on the weekend right after Donald Trump was inaugurated as President of the United States . . . = EEK! =

Comment

Working...
                  X