An idea for a new pulp era comic titled Nemo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for a new pulp era comic titled Nemo

Hi I was reading an issues of Masks at my local comic store and inspired me to create a Pulp comic set in 1930's with great potential to cross over to the other comics like The Spider,

the comic is about 1930's version of Captain Nemo and the crew of Mile long Nautilus, a submarine that homemade and Atomic powered. Since Atomic power is the Cold Fusion of this era, this sub is the most advanced of this time period Nemo used the book 2,000 Leagues under the sea as a manual to build of his sub.

Nemo himself fought in the Great War 20 year ago as a Navy man and for Anglo Allies power, the war tought him that a lot of people died for few got rich off there blood and death. Nemo and his crew are loyal to no nation but to each other and the Nautilus.

Nemo fights injustice around the world, he also hates Facism and Comuism as well.

LW

A little late. Alan Moore pretty much beat you to it with his new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Nemo: Heart of Ice
    Click image for larger version

Name:	league_nemo_cover_med_lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	48738
    by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill

$14.95 (US)

ISBN 978-1-60309-274-6 - Diamond: DEC121247
    Pre-Order
    AN ALL-NEW LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN ADVENTURE!

Co-Published by Top Shelf Productions & Knockabout.

In the grim cold of February surfaces a thrilling new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book: NEMO: HEART OF ICE, a full-color 56-page adventure in the classic pulp tradition by the inestimable Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill.

It's 1925, fifteen long years since Janni Dakkar first tried to escape the legacy of her dying science-pirate father, only to accept her destiny as the new Nemo, captain of the legendary Nautilus. Now, tired of her unending spree of plunder and destruction, Janni launches a grand expedition to surpass her father's greatest failure: the exploration of Antarctica. Hot on her frozen trail are a trio of genius inventors, hired by an influential publishing tycoon to retrieve the plundered valuables of an African queen. It's a deadly race to the bottom of the world -- an uncharted land of wonder and horror where time is broken and the mountains bring madness. Jules Verne meets H.P. Lovecraft in the unforgettable final showdown, lost in the living, beating and appallingly inhuman HEART OF ICE.

A 56-page full-color hardcover graphic novel!

SHIPPING FEBRUARY 2013!
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Well My version of Nemo differs from Alan Moore, I'm not trying to take his Thunder but make take is that this Nemo takes the name from the original books.

As stated in last posting thate he is a man who wants to fight for a better world using his tech skills,

LW

Comment

Folks I still think that this is a good idea for a pulp era comic series, and no this isn't based on Alan Moore's comic character.

If Dynamite comics is interested that is?,

LW

Comment

Originally posted by lwhitehead View Post
          Well My version of Nemo differs from Alan Moore, I'm not trying to take his Thunder but make take is that this Nemo takes the name from the original books.

As stated in last posting thate he is a man who wants to fight for a better world using his tech skills
          Sort of like the old Red Torpedo character from Quality Comics?

Click image for larger version

Name:	------- redTorpedo_Crack_6a reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	48926

Comment

No Captain Nemo this version has no ties to any Land nations powers, This Captain refuses to share his Inventions with the Nations of the world he doesn't trust them. This Captain has be labeled a Outlaw do to the simple fact he attacks targets to prevent them from following in the wrong hands, and national Navies act in there Nation's interest usually not for the greater good.

Like his Name sake Nemo loves the Ocean, and hates the Land based Nation's, the man who wants to stop him is a LT in USA Navy.

LW

Comment

Working...
            X